I thought the guy was conducting a review of Auchenhowie and the Youth set-up. I'm sure that was his remit when he joined, at least that was what we were told.

So about all we know for sure, then, is that it wasn't that?

Guest Jamkam

I say welcome to the lad and everyone deserves a chance so fingers crossed he's the correct choice and the fans adapt to him soon enough and keeps us moving in the right direction.

Guys who have accumulated enough wealth to enable him to invest £1m. of his own money into the club are guys who enjoy new challenges and the CEO's post at Rangers is most certainly a big challenge. Gunslinger's right to suggest that Craig Mather has plenty on his plate at present but he probably has good people on his team that he can rely on. Time will tell but this seems an OK appointment.

I honestly can't see the need for a COO and a CEO. We're not a big enough company, I'd suggest.

Simply underlines the fact it's a political appointment to appease certain factions within the boardroom. Or rather, those who are voting in proxy to the interests of shareholders.

Exactly stewarty. The politics of it guarantee that any incoming CEO has to engage with an in situ head of operations which helps to protect the vested interests that have put him there...

It seems quite common these days to have a CEO, COO, CFO and CTO. I was involved with a company recently with less than 50 employees that had all of those roles and the CEO was also the chairman :laugh: