TRS Exclusive: Ibrox Leak?

Interesting that the DR have run the story overnight - didn't expect that if I'm honest.

Main reason is that the situation is most difficult for RM staff. Not sure it is possible for them to effectively breach the DPA; ergo leaving themselves open to possible litigation from IA.

Frankie were you not a Mod/Admin on RM for a while, would you from that insight say they would provide the information to others?

Frankie were you not a Mod/Admin on RM for a while, would you from that insight say they would provide the information to others?

Yes, I was a moderator there for a year or two a while back.

I don't know of any forum that would share such private information with others. But websites and forums are never overly secure so I'd always urge caution in that regard.

What I find strange is that at his level you would normally have a PA who handles your corporate mail for you, unless of course you have a reason not to! Would be interesting (for me anyway, being a pedant) to know if others within the Club at his 'C' level do use a PA, and if so, why he chose not to, if that is the case.

Cleverly hinting at wrongdoing without revealing specifics! :D

Can't do much more, mate. I'm not big enough to take on all the parties involved, as you know. The framework has been laid.

the linking of the email account

I think some are taking their conspiracy theories a bit too far.

Hold on to your blood pressure Frankie, I'm not going to ask for anything today. I've listed these replies just from page 15. It shows how things can get skewed. Zappa gently chastises Shane about 'hinting at wrongdoing without specifics', Shane replies 'his hands are tied ( paraphrasing )', Gunslinger using Forlanssister's reasoning from yesterday that Ahmad was able to post on Rm by 'linking through the email account'. However, Anchorman may have cracked the story by introducing the real culprit, ' the PA '. Frankie you want a conspiracy theory, how about this for a scenario? Let's assume a given, that Ahmad's work station is connected to the Rangers IT network, and has been before Oct 2011, when this RM account first started posting. Now the assumption is that the information came from Ahmad because it is his work station that originates the information. Okay question, is Ahmad's work station linked through a Wi-Fi router? If a person has the proper software installed they can access their workstation using a laptop or other WiFi device to enter the workstation and remotely control it as if you were sitting at the keyboard. The only thing required would be a password to enter a locked WiFi network. Now PAs you would presume, might be privy to such information as passwords. This PA would have to have been at Ibrox as far back as Oct 2011. Now suppose that PA inadvertantly let slip the password to the router and someone gained access to the information about the inner workings of the regimes at Ibrox stored on the hard drive of Ahmad's work station. What would that mean? Could we blame the PA? Could we blame Ahmad? Is it someone else we don't know that has it? Now, Frankie, it is a contrived conspiracy, but in the absence of hard facts is it any better or any worse that the hundreds of theories flying around out there? I should also say that this post does not ease the anxieties of some Rangers fans who are worried about the state of things at the club.

Hold on to your blood pressure Frankie, I'm not going to ask for anything today. I've listed these replies just from page 15. It shows how things can get skewed. Zappa gently chastises Shane about 'hinting at wrongdoing without specifics', Shane replies 'his hands are tied ( paraphrasing )', Gunslinger using Forlanssister's reasoning from yesterday that Ahmad was able to post on Rm by 'linking through the email account'. However, Anchorman may have cracked the story by introducing the real culprit, ' the PA '. Frankie you want a conspiracy theory, how about this for a scenario? Let's assume a given, that Ahmad's work station is connected to the Rangers IT network, and has been before Oct 2011, when this RM account first started posting. Now the assumption is that the information came from Ahmad because it is his work station that originates the information. Okay question, is Ahmad's work station linked through a Wi-Fi router? If a person has the proper software installed they can access their workstation using a laptop or other WiFi device to enter the workstation and remotely control it as if you were sitting at the keyboard. The only thing required would be a password to enter a locked WiFi network. Now PAs you would presume, might be privy to such information as passwords. This PA would have to have been at Ibrox as far back as Oct 2011. Now suppose that PA inadvertantly let slip the password to the router and someone gained access to the information about the inner workings of the regimes at Ibrox stored on the hard drive of Ahmad's work station. What would that mean? Could we blame the PA? Could we blame Ahmad? Is it someone else we don't know that has it? Now, Frankie, it is a contrived conspiracy, but in the absence of hard facts is it any better or any worse that the hundreds of theories flying around out there? I should also say that this post does not ease the anxieties of some Rangers fans who are worried about the state of things at the club.

Crikey, that is far harder to believe than it just being Ahmad making the posts.

It would be pretty unprofessional for someone to allow their PA their passwords to the company servers and their server accounts. Funnily enough, we had an employee fired in the last couple of months for posting something inciteful on a local newspaper's website - they were found by locating IP address and the police descending upon the building.

Crikey, that is far harder to believe than it just being Ahmad making the posts.

It would be pretty unprofessional for someone to allow their PA their passwords to the company servers and their server accounts. Funnily enough, we had an employee fired in the last couple of months for posting something inciteful on a local newspaper's website - they were found by locating IP address and the police descending upon the building.

The point is the IP address that is posting the information is seen to be Ahmad's work station on a trace, not the WiFi connected device. You don't have to be in the building to gain remote access. You could even be in a car. You need imagination to create a conspiracy theory.