TRS Exclusive: Ibrox Leak?

I would say that you have missed the point of my original post. I said that IA was not the point, but rather the efficacy of reporting unsubstantiated allegations is suspect. I said that it causes the fans concern and anxiety. Look at your own reply. You "guess" that TRS has a verifiable source. You exhort me to "blame" IA for the situation. You demand that owners and directors be "above reproach". Is your post above reproach? My point is that people can have their stress levels raised because of such allegations. An action done in the heat of the moment is less likely to be a considered opinion than one taken calmly and with a cool mindset. I imagine you would agree that in the last year or so there has been enough 'guilty until proven innocent' situations at our club. What happened to our club when allegations surrounded it about the big tax case? And there are other instances. Our board has taken the heat out of the allegations surrounding Green for the moment by instigating an internal investigation. If TRS have allegations against IA then they should report them to the club and let them deal with the situation then report upon the results. This is the same for any unsubstantiated allegations. Trial by the MSM is neither calming nor satisfactory to the fans. If we want a return to sanity then we as fans must play our part. We should remain vigilant and fair.

I don't think I did miss your point actually. I believe the TRS story, I don't know any of the people involved there personally but I've built up enough respect for the articles they produce and the effort it takes to produce them to believe that they wouldn't have published that if they weren't 100% sure of it. I actually trust them to be fair in this, and they are certainly being vigilant. Surely that's what you are asking for? If I'm wrong I'll eat humble pie and apologise.

The club is currently a shambles, I wouldn't trust them to do the right thing over this if it wasn't in the public domain.

I don't know what you mean when you ask if my post is above reproach, I'm not taking a large salary out of Rangers. This is stressful, again, I agree, but not knowing about isn't the answer.

Not for one second do I expect them to identify their source.

I don't automatically disbelieve anything simply because I don't like the messenger.

As hard as it may be for some to contemplate the fact is Jackson, Spiers et al all have their valid sources.

I think you may have dodged the question. I am trying to fathom that if Jackson or Speirs wrote a story without naming their source(s), would you believe it as fact or would you berate them for publishing an article full of supposition and innuendo?

No, it's not weak at all. It's a simple explanation of the situation which couldn't be any clearer.

Now, either accept that or not, that's perfectly fine but, as it stands, we can't say any more which seems to be understandable to most people.

Can't or won't?

Well I would think that a site as well-thought of as TRS would want everybody who reads their blogs to believe them. Otherwise why would they strive for the respect they have earned? We expect any other paragon of virtue in the media to produce proof of content if they want their readership to believe them, so why not TRS? I don't think that is being arrogant.

I don't know that they haven't proved it to a lawyer, or anyone else for that matter, because they have not said they have proved it to someone else. However, if they want us to believe it then they need to prove it to us, otherwise they should not be printing what can only be described as unsubstantiated rumours. Your last two paragraphs prove to me the point that I have been trying to make. That is that in our own minds as fans we are very suspicious of where the next kick is coming from. We are at such a heightened state of anxiety that we will almost believe anything that is published, whether there is proof or not, In this case we tell ouselves that TRS would not knowingly lie to us because of their past history and because of the respect they have earned. However, this story has such high stakes that I believe it should not be released to the public domain without clear and obvious proof. The fans deserve that at least.

There could be a variety of reasons for TRS not providing their actual proof that it's Imran behind the accounts, but it doesn't mean the information they've provided is invalid or untrustworthy.

I have ZERO inside knowledge about this, but I'm going to give you two possibilities:

1. The evidence (and it's source) that the forum poster is definitely Imran can't be published for legal reasons, such as data protection etc.

2. The source of the evidence that the forum poster is definitely Imran is someone inside the club and it was given to TRS because the club can't publish it & they didn't want to give it to the red tops either, but wanted the fans to find out because they deserve to know and also because it strengthens any case being assembled by people at the club for politely asking Imran to GTF.

Number 1 is very likely. Number 2 is very unlikely, but not impossible.

If it's number 1, then we might find out that's been the case. If it's number 2 we will never ever find out.

I don't think I did miss your point actually. I believe the TRS story, I don't know any of the people involved there personally but I've built up enough respect for the articles they produce and the effort it takes to produce them to believe that they wouldn't have published that if they weren't 100% sure of it. I actually trust them to be fair in this, and they are certainly being vigilant. Surely that's what you are asking for? If I'm wrong I'll eat humble pie and apologise.

The club is currently a shambles, I wouldn't trust them to do the right thing over this if it wasn't in the public domain.

I don't know what you mean when you ask if my post is above reproach, I'm not taking a large salary out of Rangers. This is stressful, again, I agree, but not knowing about isn't the answer.

Amms, are you saying that you are willing to besmirch a man's character purely on someone else's word? Honestly? Are you also saying that the present board is unfit for purpose, including Walter?

There could be a variety of reasons for TRS not providing their actual proof that it's Imran behind the accounts, but it doesn't mean the information they've provided is invalid or untrustworthy.

I have ZERO inside knowledge about this, but I'm going to give you two possibilities:

1. The evidence (and it's source) that the forum poster is definitely Imran can't be published for legal reasons, such as data protection etc.

2. The source of the evidence that the forum poster is definitely Imran is someone inside the club and it was given to TRS because the club can't publish it & they didn't want to give it to the red tops either, but wanted the fans to find out because they deserve to know and also because it strengthens any case being assembled by people at the club for politely asking Imran to GTF.

Number 1 is very likely. Number 2 is very unlikely, but not impossible.

If it's number 1, then we might find out that's been the case. If it's number 2 we will never ever find out.

I would be perfectly willing to believe example 1. However, it is my contention that if there are legal reasons not to publish the source then they should not publish the story. If the board are aware of a situation developing then I think they should deal with it in-house then tell us, the fans, the result of the shit-storm later. I did not intend to dig in my heels when the discussion started but I do feel strongly that as a support we have had enough of being led up the garden path, so to speak, long enough. Every day it seems we awake to another crisis and this does not need to be so. Each one has been bebunked in turn, the BTC, the side letters, Whyte is a crook, Charlie tells porkies, etc. etc. Anyway, time to fire up the Barby. Will return later and answer any oustanding loose ends.

Amms, are you saying that you are willing to besmirch a man's character purely on someone else's word?

Jeez, the drama, are you him too? I'm not besmirching his character, he is. Do I believe the article - yes I do.

Are you also saying that the present board is unfit for purpose, including Walter?

No, you said that, I didn't say anything remotely like that.