NEIL LENNON will BOYCOTT the PFA dinner after his Celtic players were snubbed.

NEIL LENNON will BOYCOTT the PFA dinner after his Celtic players were snubbed.

The majority of his title-winning squad are likely to shun the awards bash on May 5 as well.

SunSport can also reveal that several senior Parkhead stars are threatening to withdraw their PFA membership.

And Hoops skipper Scott Brown waded in with a rant on Twitter.

The bitter row erupted after NO Celtic player was nominated for Player of the Year and Lennon blasted: â??It beggars belief.

â??We make a semi-final of the League Cup, final of the Scottish Cup, win the championship, make the last 16 of Europe, beating Barcelona, beating Spartak Moscow, putting the country on the map again, and I think the outcome of those votes belittles all the efforts of the players.

â??I think itâ??s abysmal. For none of our first-team players to be on the senior shortlist is bewildering to say the least.â?

Asked if heâ??d be attending the awards dinner in Glasgowâ??s Hilton Hotel, Lennon said: â??I wonâ??t go, no.â?

Motherwellâ??s Michael Higdon, Hibsâ?? Leigh Griffiths, Inverness Caley Thistleâ??s Andrew Shinnie and Aberdeenâ??s Niall McGinn were shortlisted for Player of the Year.

The award â?? which has gone to a Celtic player in six of the last seven seasons â?? is decided by SPL stars.

Midfielder Victor Wanyama was named on the young player shortlist. But Lennon and his title- winning stars are seething no one at Parkhead is up for the top award.

SunSport also understands a host of top stars are considering pulling out of the union completely.

Brown waded into the row on Twitter, saying: â??No players up for playersâ?? player of the year this year. We mustnâ??t have won the league.

â??Champs league, last 16 and Scottish cup final.â?

Lennon will meet with his players this morning to mull over their next move, but he said: â??They havenâ??t discussed that yet.

â??Iâ??ll speak to them and see how they feel about it. Theyâ??re not happy. They feel as if theyâ??ve been slapped in the face almost. There was a bit of ill-feeling there.

â??I have no idea what way the voting goes, but you canâ??t tell me Frather Forthter, Victor Wanyama, Kris Commons, Kelvin Wilson, Gary Hooper werenâ??t in the forefront of peopleâ??s minds when the votes were made. Itâ??s ridiculous.

â??There is a lot of ill-will in the dressing room now. The players are very, very disappointed with the outcome. They have performed heroically.

KENNY SHIELS insists Neil Lennon is boss of PARANOID FC.

The Hoops gaffer is furious his star players were snubbed in the PFA Player of the Year shortlist.

But Kilmarnock manager Shiels blasted: “Celtic make a song and dance about everything, don’t they? Paranoid FC. I think they deserve to maybe have one in with Kris Commons, who is a good shout, but I wouldn’t get all paranoid about it. It’s the players’ thing, they deserve credit for how they vote.”

When asked if he understood why the Celts gaffer was standing up for his stars, Shiels added: “Certain managers are egotistical.

“I think the four nominees is a fair assessment of who’s done well.”

Asked who he’d have voted for, Shiels responded: “Andrew Shinnie has been right up there as one of the best this season.

“I can only judge against us and Shinnie, Michael Higdon and Leigh Griffiths have all done well.

“Who from Celtic would come into the category? How many games did Kris Commons play?

“James Forrest got Young Player of the Year last season and he only played about 20 games.”

Shiels also claimed Lennon has FIVE men ahead of him in the Manager of the Year race.

He added: “If you are going to go into managers, then Stuart McCall and Terry Butcher are the top two for me and then Derek Adams.

“Steve Lomas gets overlooked and Allan Johnston has done well.

“If you’d said to me at the start of the season that out of all the domestic leagues Celtic would be one of the last to win it in Britain, I’d have been surprised.

“To not win the league until the end of April, I would have said that wasn’t possible.”

absolutely priceless....classic example of "spitting the dummy"

In fairness to the Ceptic players, they probably have played well, but they are probably just playing to expectations.

The players that are on the shortlist have played well above expectations & that has been recognised by their fellow players.

The part about withdrawing from the PFA is also laughable....it is not the PFA's fault who does or doesn't get nominated. Ii is voted for by all members of the PFA organisation.

Shiels' comments about the managers is spot on as well. With the exception of the CL, Lennon has actually under performed - depending how things go, he may only end up with the League title. Butcher, Adams & McCall especially have all performed well above expectation this season.

Guest Geo the Ger

Just give Victor Wanyama the 'Young Player' award and Neil Lennon the 'Manager' award, if not we'll never hear the end of it, because he will blame 'The Establishment', Rangers, Referees, etc., etc., etc. I'm being a bit over the top - but so is Neil 'Paranoid' Lennon. Gers, 55 untainted titles and counting.

Kenny Shiels had better watch his windaes too :D

Kenny Shiels has entered the row over the absence of Celtic players from PFA Scotland's top award by accusing Neil Lennon of being paranoid.

The Hoops manager is furious that none of his players were on the four-man Player of the Year shortlist, which includes Motherwell striker Michael Higdon, Inverness midfielder Andrew Shinnie, Hibernian forward Leigh Griffiths and Aberdeen striker Niall McGinn.

Kilmarnock boss Shiels was quoted in a number of newspapers saying: "Celtic make a song and dance about everything, don't they? Paranoid FC.

"I think they deserve to maybe have one in with Kris Commons, who is a good shout, but I wouldn't get all paranoid about it. It's the players' thing, they deserve credit for how they vote."

When asked if he understood why the Celtic boss was standing up for his players, Shiels said: "Certain managers are egotistical. I think the (list of) four nominees is a fair assessment of who's done well."

He then revealed who he would have voted for, saying: "Andrew Shinnie has been right up there as one of the best this season.

"I can only judge against us and Shinnie, Michael Higdon and Leigh Griffiths have all done well.

"Who from Celtic would come into the category? How many games did Kris Commons play? James Forrest got young player of the year last season and he only played about 20 games."

Shiels then overlooked Lennon when he named his contenders for manager of the year. The Northern Irishman said: "If you are going to go into managers, then Stuart McCall (Motherwell) and Terry Butcher (Inverness) are the top two for me and then Derek Adams (Ross County).

"Steve Lomas (St Johnstone) gets overlooked and Allan Johnston has done well (winning the Second Division with Queen of the South).

"If you'd said to me at the start of the season that out of all the domestic leagues Celtic would be one of the last to win it in Britain, I'd have been surprised.

"To not win the league until the end of April, I would have said that wasn't possible."

Oops, didnt realise Ian had already posted - sorry