Back in late March, I posted the question ""What does Jim Traynor actually do?" Someone referred me to Google, which was not the point of my question.

JT is an intelligent and gifted communicator and no doubt is well paid.

More or less on a daily basis, the media come up with some negative story related to Rangers and to be fair to them, they have been provide with ammunition.

However, the quality of communication coming out of the club has been at times, confusing, contradictory and unhelpful. Too often, there has not been any response to dubious media contributions.

Can anyone now assist me with my original question? What does Jim Traynor actually do?

Back in late March, I posted the question ""What does Jim Traynor actually do?" Someone referred me to Google, which was not the point of my question.

JT is an intelligent and gifted communicator and no doubt is well paid.

More or less on a daily basis, the media come up with some negative story related to Rangers and to be fair to them, they have been provide with ammunition.

However, the quality of communication coming out of the club has been at times, confusing, contradictory and unhelpful. Too often, there has not been any response to dubious media contributions.

Can anyone now assist me with my original question? What does Jim Traynor actually do?

Gives exclusives to his previous employer maybe?

I suspect Traynor's job is very much dependent upon who he pays direct responsibility to, ie who is tasking him each day? Further, the amount of incoming at Rangers would not allow him to get his head up and survey the situation.

Fifteen years past, Rangers hired the Daily Record's then Chief Political reporter, Paul Sinclair to be Rangers PRO, he lasted less than a year. The Sun's Iain King also spent less than a year as the club's Head of Communications. I suspect Traynor's tenure to be similar.

I believe Traynor's remit covers a wide range of club communications work per se - as oppposed to PR which remains the responsibility of Ramsay Smith of MediaHouse.

Thus, I don't think Traynor will be as involved with press releases as some may think. Probably explains the inconsistency there.

What do you mean by this

Can you give an example of a negative story related to Rangers that the media have come up with?