Fast-track Rangers back to top, says Mark Hateley

The "top" clubs (term used very loosely), made it clear that they didn't want or need us in the top league - Scottish football was fine without us.

Based on that, we should work our way back up, because that is what was deemed "best for the Scottish game". This is something I firmly agree with - look at how the 3rd div side have benefited from playing us this year. This will only continue through Div2 & Div1. We are bringing much needed revenue to the REAL teams of Scottish football, not simply the "elite". this has to have a wider reaching, positive effect on the Scottish game.

Any fast-tracking will be simply based on the financial gain of the SPL clubs and the SPL as an organisation, not for the greater good of Scottish Football. We will play our way back to the top, and show the rest exactly why we were, are and always will be the best in the country.

The SPL & SFA didn't "do the right thing" in the first place when they landed us in the bottom tier of Scottish football where we didn't deserve to be, so we sure as hell deserve a swift return from the unjustified exile.

i think rangers need to work their way back up or we will never hear the end of it.

I don't see why never hearing the end of it should be a factor worth serious consideration when we're never going to hear the end of taunts and abuse about what's happened anyway.

I don't see why never hearing the end of it should be a factor worth serious consideration when we're never going to hear the end of taunts and abuse about what's happened anyway.

I honestly laugh at theses taunts.

If you treat them with the contempt they deserve and look these bastards in the eye, you can see that they know they were wrong.

Agree with most here. Let's do it the honest way and give all of Scottish football a boost on the way up.

Then Hertz can do it after us.

we need to realise if things go as they now appear to be going then by the time we return to the top the SPL (or whatever it'll be called by then) will be carnage. Let's be honest, the SPL clubs were bullied into voting us out by Liewell, Petrie, Thompson & whoever represents Aberdeen. From a business viewpoint it is absolute madness. They've no sponsor to replace the CB and who knows how much less their secretive TV deal pays. Without Rangers the SPL is one horse-race & a busted flush. It's not worth a monkeys.

What mustn't be allowed to continue to happen though is Rangers subsidising the SPL via the TV deal when playing SFL teams. That money must remain in the SFL and Longmuir must get his finger out to do so. There won't be a merger of the 2 league bodies next season(it was actually a takeover) so all the more reason for the SFL to get a bigger share of TV money with Rangers in it & less money for the SPL. Sounds fair to me.

The only way we could consider being fast-tracked to a new top division would be if very severe conditions were met. We'd all have strong opinion on these conditions I'm sure

The SPL & SFA didn't "do the right thing" in the first place when they landed us in the bottom tier of Scottish football where we didn't deserve to be, so we sure as hell deserve a swift return from the unjustified exile.

But do you think they will admit that? Do you think that is their reason for fast tracking us? If this was all about them holding their hands up and admitting they were wrong and then re-instating Rangers then you have a point. Then they would compensate us, pay us our money owed, bin the transfer bargo etc then yes we would deserve an apology and a swift return.

However this isnt the case at all. This is about their greed and need to be financed / saved. So on that basis Im looking forward to Div 2.

Edited by Gribz

The 2nd division could provide Rangers fans more opportunity to attend away games - already playing there are Ayr United with a ground capacity of 10,185. Definitely joining them will be relegated Airdrie United with a capacity stadium of 10,171 (all seated).

Dunfermline Athletic could also come down depending on results this Saturday and the play-offs, their ground holds 11,984, and of course Queens Park with 52,025 if they could win their play-off games that would be great.

Including Rangers that would make half the league clubs competing having stadiums of 10,000+.

Yep, should be fun.