Frightening quotes from Ally

How can budget be cut if he's talking about signing players for Sept 1st?

Just like he said recently after Green left, he'd been given a budget for next season that he was happy with. He now has doubts if that will remain the case. Green boasted of a £10m transfer kitty and I think Ally's only saying he needs it to get his hands on as much transfer funds as he can. We all know there's no way he's getting £10m to spend.

On a sidenote ...

Many thanks, my feed was cut in the midst of this. I couldn't see what had happened to the feed as I had some flecks of dust in both eyes.....one can love him as a man (steady!) and a Ranger without thinking he's any good as a manager, you know

Edited by SteveC

McCoist on that report, freebies, and trips to the US of A and Germany ...

ALLY McCOIST refused to blow a fuse over a dossier of plans to axe him as Rangers boss — as he believes it was compiled by an ELECTRICIAN.

McCoist shrugged off the bizarre proposal to bring Johan Cryuff and Frank Rijkaard into the Ibrox management team.

It is thought the plan was put together by Gers investor David Gowans, who has put £1million into the club.

McCoist said: “I believe the person who did it is an electrician, if so I am heading straight home to do a thesis on electrical engineering.

“I will hand it to you on Monday morning on the way forward for electrical engineering.

“If the gentleman who wrote it can promise Cruyff and Rijkaard, I will drive over there and bring them back and they can sit in my office. I would certainly move sideways for those two.”

McCoist laughed off the leaked dossier which threatened to undermine his position as boss of Rangers.

The shock report, written and delivered to Ibrox chiefs in March, warned McCoist was driving Ibrox fans away.

Gers insiders insist the idea was binned and are furious the BBC had it leaked to them.

Beeb reporters were marched out of Ibrox yesterday and are now BANNED from the stadium and training ground. Meanwhile, McCoist, who enjoyed a title party at Ibrox yesterday, has warned fans that young up-and-coming players will not be arriving at Ibrox.

He added: “This sort of stuff gets weary for a split second, but then the gallows humour kicks in. It has kept us going for the last two years, but I’d hate you to think I’m being flippant.

“When you have good people around you and working with you that is the most important thing.

“I just want the opportunity to prove I am the man for Rangers. I don’t think there will be huge amounts of change for next season. We are bringing in free transfers and they are free transfers for a reason. We cannot register them until September 1.

“We are not going to get the best youngsters, the best 22-24 year olds.

“That is not going to happen because they cost a lot of money. We are going to have a get a group of players who can get us out of the next division.

“Hopefully with one or two better performances.”

McCoist confirmed Gers will use their pre-season visits to the USA and Germany to run the rule over trialists. He said: “We have targets and I’m hopeful to get one or two over the line in the next couple of days.

“On tour we can play any prospective new signings in friendly games and that would not prejudice anything before the embargo is lifted on September 1.”

Scottish Sun

"McCoist shrugged off the bizarre proposal to bring Johan Cryuff and Frank Rijkaard into the Ibrox management team."

"If the gentleman who wrote it can promise Cruyff and Rijkaard...."

I thought the document said these names were beyond us but was using them as a pointer to the kind of thing we should be looking at (Hiustra, De boers and Laurup spring to mind). Maybe I read it wrongly - either that or the quotes above are a tad unjust.

On another note - I am old enough to remember Cruyff raving about how great Gers fans were some 40 years ago (approx.), said interview had photograph of him with a Belfast RSC on a trip somewhere.....

McCoist has done NOTHING with the squad of players that he has.....giving him a large transfer budget will change nothing. Dean Shiels is the perfect example....up for SPL player of the year last season, he's been rank rotten this season (for the most part). McCoist doesn't have a TEAM of players, he has a group of individuals playing together.

I have always maintained that a a team of mediocre players will do better than a group of talented individuals. McCoist appears to want the latter, when there is nothing stopping him having the former.

Managers always want to improve their teams player- wise. Thinking said improvement will cost us 10 million to win Div. 3 is downright ridiculous, Ally cannot have meant that...