Frightening quotes from Ally

Many thanks, my feed was cut in the midst of this. I couldn't see what had happened to the feed as I had some flecks of dust in both eyes.....one can love him as a man (steady!) and a Ranger without thinking he's any good as a manager, you know

Yes, you'd wish that the chap who threw the sand into your eyes had given you a whack with the spade too. (Or then again, maybe it was not sarcasm dripping out of the above?) There are times to give credit where it is due. Many on here gave him none or hardly any for these last couple of years and can't stop it even for a heartbeat now. If that makes these people's life any better ...

Yes, you'd wish that the chap who threw the sand into your eyes had given you a whack with the spade too. (Or then again, maybe it was not sarcasm dripping out of the above?) There are times to give credit where it is due. Many on here gave him none or hardly any for these last couple of years and can't stop it even for a heartbeat now. If that makes these people's life any better ...

No sarcasm, I thought it was very emotional. I love Ally as an ambassador and of course as a player, I love my club. I was welling up - not sure what I've said to give you any other impression. Surely just because I disagree with his managerial decisions and some interview comments isn't enough for you to want me whacked over the head with a spade (if that's what you meant). Hey I'd love Ally to prove me wrong and be as succesful a manager with us as he was a goalscorer or is at handling the media. I'd be deliriously happy for him to turn it around managerially-wise.

The reason we were talking about such things now is because of the interview with him that came out yesterday morning.

Edited by SteveC

The only way we should be spending good money, is if they are YOUNG players who will be good enough for the SPL and Europe. Either that or somebody we could sell on for a profit.

If there are none in that category, then we sign free transfers to complement our own youngsters.

Our only hope as far as I can see, is a strong CEO who is willing to say no to Ally.

£10 million is probably what it will cost to keep our senior football structure together over the course of a year. It's not £10 million on transfer fees it's £10 million on salaries, bonuses, signing-on fees, equipment etc. I imagine we've got a few people on £4k a week, well thats over £200,000 a year, if we've 20 guys on that you're £4 million down already. I'm sure we've a few on much more than that and some on less so I'll use it as an average. Add in managerial salaries, bonuses, the other 20 or 30 professional players at the club plus costs for equipment etc it doesn't leave a huge amount for signing new players. What it does leave should be enough to get us out of Div 2 but I think the point McCoist is trying to make is that if the club want's to retain the number of sides, coaches and players it has traditionally had then that'll cost £10 million.

I don't think McCoist is suggesting he'll need to spend £10 million on new players alone. That's my reading of it anyway.

We can argue that our 'football budget' should be less, more or spent differently but that's a different debate.

I am sure Ally believes it is £10m in transfer fees, as any transfer budget should be or else it would be called an operating expenses budget. All costs over and above any fees paid for players to other clubs like wages etc should be part of the clubs operating costs and the very reason we sell season books and match day tickets etc.

Whilst £10mil for SFL2 is ridiculous I also don't think we should squeak through div 1 & 2 on the bare minimum and then have to build a brand new team capable of challenging in the SPL in just one summer.

Teams grow by playing together. We should be looking to put the bulk of an SPL team over the next two years so they are a cohesive team when we hit the top division.

Edit: you guys moaning about how much we spend will be the first to moan if we don't win the title in our first season back.