Frightening quotes from Ally

I got another shock to the system re these future years in an article a pal just e-mailed me. In the midst of a piece about how Scottish football is dying of self-inflicted wounds (not exactly revelatory but a change of tone from even a few months ago re #booming), Keech Jackson writes:

Yes, Rangers packed more than 50,000 into Ibrox on Saturday to

celebrate the handing over of a trophy which had previously meant about as much to them as an empty can of lager.

But there are more stormy waters dead ahead for this club before it can be cleansed of its own crisis. Soon they may be in desperate trouble once more.

Now for all we may think he's risible as a journalist, he clearly has one or more inside sources of info and, so, this kind of comment gives me the heebie jeebies. I am not sure how much more I (we?) can take to be honest. I feel like I'm cracking up with nervous exhaustion after the last few years.

He definitely seems to know a few things which we don't, but hopefully our biggest problem is just the issue of the huge monthly bills and if it is, then that can be fixed (and needs to be asap tbh).

He definitely seems to know a few things which we don't, but hopefully our biggest problem is just the issue of the huge monthly bills and if it is, then that can be fixed (and needs to be asap tbh).

Thanks, Zappa. I hope you are correct but it does not read like that: "stormy waters dead ahead" sounds specific and imminent.

Tims of my acquaintance have been peddling the line that the SFA intend to investigate the Whyte links. Apparently the club gave assurances in the summer that are now being questioned. Probably Tims clutching at straws, I'm sometimes surprised at how much they seem to know about us though.

Of course Green and Ahmed might have left the club but they haven't gone away, last weeks dodgy dossier clearly shows people are still playing political games. I expect another summer of discontent, it'll get worse before it gets better, we don't need a truce we need a victor, then we can start going forward again.

it's a safe bet the sfa are looking at this. but the sfa need to remember we are the victims of a crime here.

this, the most salient fact of all, seems to be scarcely ever remembered by anyone

ALLY McCOIST has warned Rangers fans not to expect wholesale changes at Ibrox this summer as he strengthens his squad.

Gers gaffer McCoist is able to bring in free transfers during the close season and then register them with the SFA from September 1.

He has identified a series of targets and last week admitted he was interested in Queen of the South striker Nicky Clark.

However, they can only register a total of 22 players over the age of 21 with the SFL.

He said: "We need to get some free transfers in now to help the boys out as we launch an assault on SFL 2 next season.

"I'll be honest, I don't think they'll be massive amounts of change for next season. With the greatest of respect, we are bringing in free transfers

"I don't want to sound like I am criticising the people we want to bring in, but they are free transfers for a reason.

"We will definitely have to target a certain type of player. We are not going to get the best youngsters. It ain't gonna happen.

"If people think we are going to go out and sign the best young players aged 22, 23, 24, guys with tremendous futures ahead of them, they are mistaken.

"That is not going to happen. These kind of players are not available on free transfers. They are either signed up or they cost a lot of money.

"We have to put together a group of players who are going to get us out of the next division. Hopefully by the same margin, but with one or two better performances."

Tims of my acquaintance have been peddling the line that the SFA intend to investigate the Whyte links. Apparently the club gave assurances in the summer that are now being questioned. Probably Tims clutching at straws, I'm sometimes surprised at how much they seem to know about us though.

Of course Green and Ahmed might have left the club but they haven't gone away, last weeks dodgy dossier clearly shows people are still playing political games. I expect another summer of discontent, it'll get worse before it gets better, we don't need a truce we need a victor, then we can start going forward again.

Its not that surprising when you consider how much time they spend obsessing over the minutiae of everything to do with the club they claim, despite the empirical evidence, is only a year old.

And a lot of this stuff is coming from the likes of Mad Phil and his cohorts. They get some things right, but they get a heck of a lot wrong. That's the trouble with being fuelled by hate and wanting every possible negative to be true. McGobblegiver's latest is that Alex Thomson is returning this week. No doubt with smoking gun in hand.

I wont hold my breath...

"We have to put together a group of players who are going to get us out of the next division. Hopefully by the same margin, but with one or two better performances."

I'd have pointed it to more like 15-20 better performances myself.