Rangers Salute Sir Alex

RANGERS would like to acknowledge Sir Alex Fergusonâ??s truly astonishing contribution to Scottish, British and World football.

Sir Alex deserves his place in the pantheon of greats and this Club would like to congratulate him on a wonderful, trophy laden career.

Yet, despite the glories and triumphs and the fact that he is revered worldwide Sir Alex has never forgotten his roots. A product of Govan he has often referred to his formative years and still holds his old parish dear.

We hope he enjoys his retirement with his family but the manner in which he dominated the game in Britain will be remembered for ever.

Rangers salute Sir Alex and manager Ally McCoist said: "His like may never be seen again. Sir Alex has been a colossus and his achievements might never be surpassed.

"He has been at the very pinnacle of the game for so many years and seemed to get better with age. His defeats always seemed to make him stronger and he always bounced back to reach another height.

"But while his total dedication and intense will to win were always obvious Sir Alex also had a sharp sense of humour. When I heard about his decision I sent him a text saying: â??Gaffer, I hope this isnâ??t an over-reaction to Mondayâ??s result when Rangers Legends beat Manchester United Legends 4-1â??."

Ally scored twice in that match watched by Sir Alex, who, quick as a flash, sent as text in reply saying: "Ha haâ?¦ PS, you were offside."

"Sir Alex, who built team after team, and not only on the pitch, will be sorely missed by the game. Time and again he proved himself a football genius with no equal," Ally added. "We all wish him well, the players, the staff and the fans."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3942-rangers-salute-sir-alex

I'm not in this game to be a middle-of-the-road manager. I'm in it to win everything. (Alex Ferguson taking over at St Mirren, 1974)

He certainly proved himself correct.

Cant give Ferguson enough credit.

If Moyes gets the job he will have to stay in it until the year 2041 to surpass Sir Alex, that just shows how long he has been at Old trafford. And that was after his success at Aberdeen.

He goes beyond Shankly, Paisley and Busby considering he has made so many teams and even when Chelsea and Man City come in with open cheque books he's won it back.

Great comment from Ally by text