Alastair Johnston: there's a cancer spreading through Rangers

he also said what i said.

he made it clear (at least to me) that while the bank weren't ordering the toilet rolls for the bogs they were controlling how much money was available for them.

By saying what I quoted he implied that Walter didn't know what he was talking about when he said the bank were running the club.

You're probably correct when you say 'the bank weren't ordering the toilet rolls for the bogs' but then neither was AJ.

The funny thing is that most of the time the LBG reps were sitting there in board meetings and he wasn't. He was too busy between his business interests in America and failing in his single remit of finding a buyer for the club.

I don't particularly dislike AJ. I just don't share the love.

I'd agree to be honest, it gauls me that all these Ex Directors come out saying stuff after fact especially last year. They are all guilty of it:

Paul Murray

Alistair Johnson

Martin Bain

Dave King

Everyone of them has said something along the lines of I knew this would happen but essentially did hee haw about it when they could.

I think if memory serves Johnston reported Whyte to a financial authority well after the fact when Whyte already owned the club and were already in administration

Was it not Duff and Phelps that reported Whyte to the Police or the Crown Office as it was based on the report they provided to the Crown Office that their is a Police investigation into Whytes activities

Other than that I don't really remember them doing anything I may be wrong. But personally I was shocked at all that was published in the bringing the game in to disrepute hearing. That so many concerns were raised to Murray etc.. but essentially everything still happened as planned by Whyte. They all had a duty to the clubs shareholders to report him to everybody that would listen and failed in this task.

If just one of them had came out and said "Craig Whyte is barred from being a company director" then who knows what might have happened.......................

they told everyone about whyte then went to the police. what else could they do.

E.g. they might sue the SFA for not carrying out the fit & proper person test thoroughly? Even if it is just a token gesture (obviously, getting the SFA/SPL into court has all sorts of funny results for them and their European contenders).

I'd agree to be honest, it gauls me that all these Ex Directors come out saying stuff after fact especially last year. They are all guilty of it:

Paul Murray

Alistair Johnson

Martin Bain

Dave King

Everyone of them has said something along the lines of I knew this would happen but essentially did hee haw about it when they could.

Dave King wasn't in a good position to do anything about it for a bunch of reasons we all know about. He had his own tax problems with SARS in South Africa, his assets were frozen, he was rarely in Scotland and he was only a non-exec.

Paul Murray was only a non-exec too and I'd suggest that he had very little power at Ibrox.

Martin Bain & AJ are a different story though. As Chairman & CEO they each had more power than anyone other than David Murray. The fact that they supposedly couldn't do anything to stop Murray selling to shady Swiss Tony & his jolly band of crooks when they had him investigated and knew he was a no good fraudster tells us a lot about how little power even Murray himself had in the end.

LBG really must have been running the show and had Murray over a barrel for the sale to Whyte to get pushed through, so I think in some ways UCF is right about AJ because he actually failed on multiple counts. He failed to find a suitable buyer when that was his primary job remit, but he also failed to be honest with the fans about what was going on at the club with Lloyds.

I have to say though, that I can understand why they felt that they should keep it under wraps & on a need to know basis because they won't in their wildest dreams have imagined that Lloyds would be able to push through a sale to a shady 2-bit cancer like Whyte. Assuming that their stories are the whole truth, then that was an almighty oversight on their part though because they are no dummies and they should have known fine well what big time crooks like banks who buy and sell countries are capable of.

E.g. they might sue the SFA for not carrying out the fit & proper person test thoroughly? Even if it is just a token gesture (obviously, getting the SFA/SPL into court has all sorts of funny results for them and their European contenders).

I can't think why they would do that. its extremely tenuous.

Paul Murray may well have had little power but he had a duty to ensure process was followed

Non-executive directors are the custodians of the*governance*process. They are not involved in the day-to-day running of business but monitor the executive activity and contribute to the development of strategy.

The above was taken from Wikipedia did he do any of that?

I accept Dave King had other things he was concerned with. But what did the rest of them do when Whyte was negotiating with Murray