A Sunday ramble

With every passing week , as each new leak either from within our boardroom or from past owners is published either in a friendly hacks column or via our enemies blogs ,it has started to dawn on Rangers fans ,why were we actually demoted and why did the rest of Scotland turn on us so quickly and vehemently .

Lets recap , when CW first appeared , we were on course for winning 3 in a row, were £18 million in debt and had a historical tax case to fight .Against that we had assets on the park ,I will try and put low estimates on players values as I don't want o be accused of exagerating their values.

MacGregor , £3.5 million ........ , Bougherra £1.5 million ........Papac,...£0.5 million , Weir,...£zero ,Whittaker,....£1.5 million.

Davis,....£2 million, Wylde,....£0.5 million Edu,....£1.5 million ,Lafferty,.....£2million ,Naismith,....£2.5 million, Jelavic,..£5 million.

Total value approx £20.5 million so its fairly clear if needed we could easily have cleared our bank debt , ( bear with me on this as I know this isn't how it works in real life ) .

Now CW buys Rangers , what we now know is that this is at best a very dodgy , possibly illegal deal , yet in the fullness of time it will be we as in Rangers that are held to be guilty , not CW but Rangers .When the employees of Rangers plc have tax and NI with held from their wages they expect it to be paid accordingly to the relevant authority , what they don't expect is to be called cheats , yet along with the fans and the entity that is the club that is exactly what happened , Rangers were cheats , financial dopers on a grand scale second only to match fixing .

Now as we know the board of Rfc plc presented a detailed report to the then owner stating that in their opinion and findings , CW was at best dodgy , warnings ignored ( I have to hold my hands up in that I wanted SDM out so badly I was taken in by CW ) , later on , as in a few months later it transpires that tax and NI are being withheld from HMRC , press and SFA/SPL , no action is taken , warnings ignored .

All hell breaks loose , despite knowing for months , when Rfc Plc enter administration the entire Scottish professional game goes into melt down , headless chickens can be seen running around Hampden for weeks , finally in desperation, the chickens turn to the fans of every other club in Scotland, cries of " burn the witch " are heard throughout the land and eventually we are demoted to the lowest level f Scottish football .Sporting Integrity has been seen to be satisfied after all this was a club that was guilty .

The BBC,the mainstream media , Radio Station such as Radio Scotland,s sport-sound and RadioClyde,s SSB had been making proclamations for months of our guilt , Cheats screamed the odious creep , pay your taxes from 4 priests Keevins , financial doping from mark,(fat slug ) guidi , blogs such as RTC has appeared with illegally sourced documentation , the BBC presented a tv program on our guilt through Mark Daly, a program which won an award as did the RTC blog .

Fast forward 2 years , we are found not guilty of the big tax case , we are found guilty only of registration errors by the SPL,s investigation by low level paper gatherers and full time Celtic Lawyers Harper Maleod. We are still playing in SFL division 3 .

It now looks like we are the victims of a massive and premeditated fraud/ illegal purchase , the SFA,s statutes state that no club can be punished for an illegal action ,what does the future hold ,how many twists and turns are left who knows, but I have only one question left , why are we where we are now after everything that has happened and everything we now know why are we still suffering from an illegal transfer embargo , why are we playing in Div 2 of the SFL.

WHY !

You would hope that someone at the club raises this question at the SFA and SPL HQ as soon as this board-room struggle is over. Preferably before any reconstruction is being pushed through and the SPl is still in existence. While I don't see any re-instatement, I wonder whether we can call for damages (like missing out on Europe ...).

spot on, rbr. The only thing I'd add was that our debt was £18m *and falling*.

I've said this from day 1; Rangers are the victims in this saga.

Rangers was forced to sell itself to a crook, and at that point, when the old Rangers board was removed and replaced by the Crook's cronies, Rangers ceased to be an active participant in its own fate and thereafter became the victim of criminals.

And rather than supporting a member club, the poisonous dwarves of the SPL took their once in a lifetime opportunity to stab us in the back whilst the SFA followed the mob. the answer to "Why" changes depending of whom the question is asked.

The leading instigators are, of course, them across the city and their followers in positions of power in government, the media, the civil service.

There was certainly a conspiracy by people employed in some or all of those branches at various times. With the leaking of confidential information by persons unknown to persons unknown, the creation and fostering of scare stories and with the non-stop biased reporting of the media - and their complete unwillingness to investigate the scandal of tax documents being stolen and published illegally - there can be no serious doubt that we have been, and continue to be, victims of a conspiracy by people for whom Rangers is not a football team; Rangers, to them, is the cultural enemy and they will stop at nothing to see us dead.

I know you said you are down playing their value but Davis £2m? Didn't Petrov move for £7m? Jelavic £5m? Didn't Celtic knock back £7m offers for Hooper? £2.5m for Naismith? Didn't Celtic sell McGeady for £10m? And then you have us taking a loss on Edu, Lafferty and Whittaker who had all improved their reputations at Rangers as well. Surely their value increases?

I know you said you are down playing their value but Davis £2m? Didn't Petrov move for £7m? Jelavic £5m? Didn't Celtic knock back £7m offers for Hooper? £2.5m for Naismith? Didn't Celtic sell McGeady for £10m? And then you have us taking a loss on Edu, Lafferty and Whittaker who had all improved their reputations at Rangers as well. Surely their value increases?

I know mate but I just wanted to highlight the point that even with probably ridiculously low values we were still more than capable of clearing all inherent debt

I know mate but I just wanted to highlight the point that even with probably ridiculously low values we were still more than capable of clearing all inherent debt

We absolutely were mate but whilst Whyte owned the club he had no intention of paying our taxes which were the trigger to send us into administration. Didn't our admin staff or other board members know we were not paying tax? They must have. Why did no-one do anything about it? The £9m PAYE being paid back would have saved us before admin proceedings.

We absolutely were mate but whilst Whyte owned the club he had no intention of paying our taxes which were the trigger to send us into administration. Didn't our admin staff or other board members know we were not paying tax? They must have. Why did no-one do anything about it? The £9m PAYE being paid back would have saved us before admin proceedings.

The head of finance stated that he was basically frozen out by CW and that all financial decisions were taken by CW , and as HMRC don't do deals , oops sorry , weren't,t going to do any deals with us the chance of paying the £9 million that had been taken from staff wages was never an option , and as I stated earlier that was that but as we both know it wasn,t necessarily the way it could or should have played out

The head of finance stated that he was basically frozen out by CW and that all financial decisions were taken by CW , and as HMRC don't do deals , oops sorry , weren't,t going to do any deals with us the chance of paying the £9 million that had been taken from staff wages was never an option , and as I stated earlier that was that but as we both know it wasn,t necessarily the way it could or should have played out

I agree mate.

rbr

An excellent point you have raised and something very close to my heart. Amidst all the shehanigans at boardroom level I think we have lost focus seeking the answers to some serious questions.

Consider this - the SFA/SPL The Scottish written press and BBC Scotland all had Rangers tried and convicted. Yet, when we were subjected to three different legal processes they all found in Rangers favour.

rbr

An excellent point you have raised and something very close to my heart. Amidst all the shehanigans at boardroom level I think we have lost focus seeking the answers to some serious questions.

Consider this - the SFA/SPL The Scottish written press and BBC Scotland all had Rangers tried and convicted. Yet' date=' when we were subjected to three different legal processes they all found in Rangers favour.[/quote']

And they all still say we were guilty!!!!