The sixty-four-thousand-dollar question

Who do we need NOW!

When CW took over I was a happy chappie, but it didn't take too long for some posters on Gersnet to voice concerns about him and I really couldn't understand it at the time. Well what transpired was CW was nothing less than a c*nt.

Enter CG..now I thought here we go stability at last, but even before he settled into his chair at Ibrox, again there were disgruntled Rangers fans voicing negatives about the guy to the extent I was convinced these 'Rangers fans' weren't what they made out to be only wanting 'their men' in place accusing Green of 'moonbeams' and calling him a liar.

Right up to the day Green walked out for the last time (I hope) I backed him and stupidly believed he was the right man to take us forward. I'm actually embarrassed with myself for believing in him now.

Okay, his connections to Whyte are still under investigation but the behaviour of his cronies Stockbridge & Ahmad have shocked and disgusted me to the extent of being physically sick. Our chairman staggering out of a restaurant beggars belief as well, how so unprofessional and utterly disgraceful for a Rangers FC chairman to behave in a public place.

What would a certain Mr Bill Struth make of it all if he were alive today?

Any you guys out there got any idea who would be the right man/men for us? I'm only asking because I haven't got a bloody clue.

I know exactly how you feel. It seems these days it's impossible to be too paranoid - and with that in mind an entirely "suitable" candidate to take the helm would be a rare breed indeed.

We may look enviously at clubs with sugar daddies, like Chelsea or Man City, but how secure is their future long term? What happens when the rich man gets bored or starts to run a bit short?

It might seem like a noble idea to have the club securely in the hands of the fans, but can that model really provide decisive leadership?

I know nothing about finance, but could there be some system whereby the fans own the heart of the club - the stadium and the right to play in the league - whilst the business of operating things is kept separate? - Kind of how Chelsea have a pitch-owners' association, but with a bit more clout. A way for the fans to hold all the cards that matter for the long term future of the club, that can't be damaged by businessmen?

The only answer is another owner but until such a time the people want to sell (at a reasonable price and to people we may want) we're at the mercy of those that are making the club a laughing stock.

The only answer is another owner but until such a time the people want to sell (at a reasonable price and to people we may want) we're at the mercy of those that are making the club a laughing stock.

they could be starved out.

and quickly if the 8 million figure is correct for our current bank balance.

they could be starved out.

and quickly if the 8 million figure is correct for our current bank balance.

Like I said the other week, that probably will happen sooner rather than later but unless we have a visible alternative, such an action would be fruitless and probably counter-productive.

Like I said the other week, that probably will happen sooner rather than later but unless we have a visible alternative, such an action would be fruitless and probably counter-productive.

it's true. we would need king for example to speak out and ask for it. if possible backed by smith.