Arnold Peralta Next ? - The Sun

ARNOLD PERALTA will follow Nicky Clark into Ibrox this week as Ally McCoist steps up his Rangers rebuild.

Honduras midfielder Peralta has agreed a switch to the Division Three champs from CDS Vida. Gers will confirm the deal in the next 48 hours — after unveiling Queen of the South hitman Clark as the club’s fourth signing in a week.

Peralta, 24, is currently away on international duty with Celtic’s Emilio Izaguirre and has been on McCoist’s radar for several months.

He rejected a switch to the MLS with Toronto in January after setting his heart on a switch to Gers.

McCoist and No2 Kenny McDowall held talks with his agents during a trip to Central America towards the end of the season.

And last night he took time out from preparing for Honduras’ clashes with Israel, Costa Rica and USA over the next three weeks, to reveal that his switch to Ibrox should be sealed at some point this week.

He said: “We still have not quite signed the papers to complete the transfer — but I am hoping that will happen this week and the deal will be completed.”

Peralta is happy to be part of the Hondurans’ World Cup bid and said: “I have worked hard over the past season to be a part of this team.”

Now Peralta will follow Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell, Motherwell midfielder Nicky Law, Dundee United striker Jon Daly and fellow hitman Clark to the Light Blues as McCoist prepares for the end of the transfer embargo on September 1.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4945999/Arnold-to-seal-deal-this-week.html#ixzz2Ueta3ILA

When rumours of this signing first surfaced there was some less than impressive YouTube footage of him.

However, other signings have looked better on YouTube and flopped with us. If Peralta signs I hope he proves a shrewd aquisition.

You'd like to think when you go as far as central America to find a player they must be of suitable quality given the risk you're taking with the style of football and culture shock.

Any footage I've seen of him shows him to be a 'spoiler' (Terry Hurlock type) and he looks very prone to yellow cards. I would really love to see someone in there who can run the show from midfield with a bit of creativity.

Any footage I've seen of him shows him to be a 'spoiler' (Terry Hurlock type) and he looks very prone to yellow cards. I would really love to see someone in there who can run the show from midfield with a bit of creativity.

I'd fancy that will be down to Macleod and Law.

We've been needing a spoiler for a long time so Peralta sounds interesting. I thought Black or Hutton may have done that job but neither have impressed.

TBH I always thought in a 4 man midfield you need both types to make that work. The old McCall / Gascoigne partnership worked and Ince / Gascoigne for England in Euro 96 was perfect. Of course it helps when you have other quality but the main thing is to play players in their best positions all over the park then formations should pick itself.

Don't understand the strategy here, are we signing players just because they are available, or is there a cunning plan?

From midfield forward, we have all of last seasons players, including youngsters who only had one or two appearances, plus the new signings and any still to come.

Perhaps we need last seasons players until the point when we can actually play the new guys, but can we then cut the squad come September?

As far as I can see, there is no control over spending or strategy for the future.

Don't understand the strategy here, are we signing players just because they are available, or is there a cunning plan?

You think we should try to sign players who aren't available? I don't get it. The plan seems to me to be to bring in reasonable quality players who are the most suitable of those available for us to sign, are interested in coming, and at not too high a wage. In fact the players we are signing have been impressive considering the weird position we're in. The plan seems to be pretty cunning to me and also coming together nicely.

From midfield forward, we have all of last seasons players, including youngsters who only had one or two appearances, plus the new signings and any still to come.

We've actually got rid of a few players from last season. Youngsters who only played one or two appearances will probably get a few more next season depending on how they develop.

Perhaps we need last seasons players until the point when we can actually play the new guys, but can we then cut the squad come September?

We can only sign 22 players over 21 so the squad size will take care of itself - and it will be far smaller than we've had for decades.

As far as I can see, there is no control over spending or strategy for the future.

Why would you be able to see the control over spending? There is obviously a budget in place but unless you're on the board, you're not going to be in the know. You'll see where the control is when we stop recruiting.

The strategy for the future seems reasonably obvious. We need some players to not just get us through the next two season but to *guarantee* promotion - a concept many seem to struggle with. A team will win division three next season and I can promise you now, they will have a far smaller wage than we had. However, are they guaranteed to win by a margin and if so, which team is it? Yes, you can win a league on a small budget, sometimes even run away with it, but you can't virtually guarantee it.

We also need some players that are younger who can be part of the squad we form for the top league when we get there and we've signed a few of those.

Lastly we need to develop our best youngsters and that strategy has been fairly obvious last season and I'm sure it will continue - with the strategy that we whittle last season's quota down to the best performers and I'd expect to see fewer play but have more time. The higher the divisions we go, the harder it will be for all the youngsters to shine. Most will find their level and it won't be with us in the top league.

I'd fancy that will be down to Macleod and Law.

We've been needing a spoiler for a long time so Peralta sounds interesting. I thought Black or Hutton may have done that job but neither have impressed.

I have a lot of hope for Macleod but I don't know a lot about Law TBH. What's frustrated me about Black and Hutton very often is that as 'holders' they don't move very far off the toes of the back four, which has often effectively given us a back 5 or 6. The one thing that looks different about Peralta is that he seems to have a cracking 'engine' [Oh God stop me turning into cliche man!]. He seems to be up and down the park (I'm now starting to convince myself as I type that he might just provide something we need :)) which was sadly lacking at times this season from our midfield.

We played up to three 6es when we had the chance, with Macleod, Hutton, and Black all filling the midfield slots. Very unnecessary in the Third, as it robbed us of an attacking option. Black was nigh always utilized as a holding midfielder, contrary to being used as an attacking, left sided chap (not winger) by Hearts. Hutton's form was utterly erratic, having one good game in five and he's still giving away possession needlessly time and again. Pairing him with Black was entirely unwarranted, with Crawford of Faure always a better option. I'd like a 4-4-2, though I am not sure how similar Law and Macleod are. Likewise, I'd favour a 3-5-2 at home, with Macleod, Law and Templeton in midfield.