Mmmmm, PFA warning trialists not to play until September

You probably did not get (or took not up on) my point. The rules were there last season (and probably before last season too), trialists have always been used and were most likely insured anyway. Maybe I am wrong but we did play e.g. Black in trial games, so there is a precedent.

The point is that this is all known, has happened before and no-one really bothered. But now that we are signing players galore, "suddenly" the Dhaily Rhecord sees it fit to ask some chap from the PFA and splashes this "ifs and buts and mabys" headline on their Sunday edition, targetting us.

Our first competitive trip last season ...

Rangers OHP

trialists as we had no licence in time they had signed up on proper contracts.

of course its the same as previously it's just not news when brechin do it.

Or Celtic of course.

when did celtc ever play trialists? even so their is more to this we are planning on playing several in 3 games to get round an embargo. that alone makes it far more newsworthy.

but it's rangers. rangers fans buy papers to read about rangers. so do the fans of all other clubs.

It would have been helpful if the PFA spokesman had suggested that an obvious way to overcome any difficulty would be for the SFA to remove the illegal signing embargo imposed on Rangers. Their silence on this issue, which cannot be in the best interest of their members, is disappointing.

well no but thats not the issue here. we have a recent track record of dumping a player who is of no use to us.

but really thats a red herring. this is proper union advice for any player.

"We have a recent track record of dumping a player who is of no use to us" :)

Fuckin hell. If only!!

Notice how there is no comment from rangers on this story. I'd guess the reason is that if they get a quote, there is no story.

I'd be amazed if the players coming on do not have good contracts and agreements for the pre-registration period where they play as trialists.

DR phones the club and asks for a response + Response received that arrangements are in place = no story to run.

It's as obvious as it is pathetic that they think that is a story.