Countdown to Sunday

I know there is a UEFA game on Thursday first to deal with but Im really looking forward to Sunday night for the game. The Hibs game was good preparation and the confidence booster we needed. The form of Ferguson is well timed as we need him at his best on Sunday.

At Ibrox I always feel confident against them.

I think Le Guen needs to rest a few players in the UEFA match so key players dont pick up injuries, and we have qualified anyway. We cant rest Smith unless Ian Murray is ready to step in. However Id rest Ferguson, Clement, Sionko and Prso and start with this:

______________McGregor______________

Hutton____Hemdani___Svensson___Smith

N'Diaye______Rae___Buffel_____Adam

____________Sebo___Novo_________

Slighty disagree. I'd only rest Ferguson Prso and probably Clement. Sionko needs games.

______________McGregor______________

Hutton____Hemdani___Svensson___Smith

Sionko______Rae___Adam_____Buffel

____________Sebo___Novo_________

Sionko needs games.

Yeah he does but id rather give him the last half hour than give him 2 x 90 mins in the space of 3 days. Plus if he does pick up a knock (touch wood) we are stuck on the right again as Burke is still 2 weeks away.

Are we talking about the OF game on Sunday or the UEFA game on Thursday here?

I'd play a full strnegth team in the UEFA Cup match with the exception of Prso. We need to build confidence and consistency and chopping and changing the team doesn't help any of those.

I'd play a full strnegth team in the UEFA Cup match with the exception of Prso. We need to build confidence and consistency and chopping and changing the team doesn't help any of those.

Agree with that mate. However as Barry is on ayellow already I would rest him too so he doesn't miss the next UEFA tie by getting another booking. :thup:

That central defensive position just makes me nervous as hell, no matter who the pairing is. I'd have Amoruso back, that's how bad we are at the moment.

I'd like to see N'Diaye given a chance. Why did we sign him if he's never going to get a chance in the first team???

The teams are for the UEFA match. There is no way id risk key players for a match where we have already qualified and a huge OF match coming up. It would just be the Rangers luck for us to lose a few players ahead of this one.

The teams are for the UEFA match. There is no way id risk key players for a match where we have already qualified and a huge OF match coming up. It would just be the Rangers luck for us to lose a few players ahead of this one.

I am not sure.... I know what you are saying Gribz and every OF game is a big one but I don't think this one is huge - we won't catch them in the league anyway.

We probably, sadly, have more of a chance of winning the UEFA than we do of winning the SPL - and if we don't finish top we will get either a CL drop-out or a top UEFA finisher - I think I would like a strong team out in the UEFA to ensure top spot, plus it would be a good boost for Sunday.

You always run risks of injuries and, if they happen, it will be a chance for some squad players to show they are up to the task - WGS looks like he will be playing a 20 yr old CB on Sunday - so he obviously doesn't mind too much in playing young pretenders - if we have to play some we have to, even though it would be better playing them at full strength......

I am not sure.... I know what you are saying Gribz and every OF game is a big one but I don't think this one is huge - we won't catch them in the league anyway.

We probably, sadly, have more of a chance of winning the UEFA than we do of winning the SPL - and if we don't finish top we will get either a CL drop-out or a top UEFA finisher - I think I would like a strong team out in the UEFA to ensure top spot, plus it would be a good boost for Sunday.

You always run risks of injuries and, if they happen, it will be a chance for some squad players to show they are up to the task - WGS looks like he will be playing a 20 yr old CB on Sunday - so he obviously doesn't mind too much in playing young pretenders - if we have to play some we have to, even though it would be better playing them at full strength......

I see both sides Craig, but we cant give up the league that easy. Resting a few players for the UEFA game also gives other players to come in and show what they can do in the same way as if they were coming in due to injuries. Even with 1 or 2 changes we surely still have enough to beat Belgrade who got thumped 4-1 from Auxerre.

I cant see us catching Celtic but we can still beat them 3 times and they will drop a few other points elsewhere along the way. Its a huge task but a win on Sunday will be a big lift to the team and we should NEVER be giving up against them.