This season

Guest nvager

Guest nvager

Can Ally with all his new signings get an attractive winning team on the park?

Will he continue to give the youngsters a chance or rely on experienced players?

Surely Bocanegra and Goian will not play for us as their ability is low and salaries high. Surely a couple of new defenders at least? Hopefully more.

How will all this gel with our budget? Some players leaving?

Will Ally survive if he does not win the division? (Surely we will win it in a canter.)

This is Ally's 3rd season in charge.

1st year was mixed. He raced into a 15 point lead with some good wins particularly away from home, then lost it as the off field issues started to kick in. However he still had a fine squad capable of doing better although who can tell if the players started to switch off or not. Benefit of the doubt was given.

2nd year he started without a league to play in with only 6 players. When he did get his squad the season was already starting so had no time with them. But as the year went on the team got worse. Benefit of the doubt was given.

This is the key year to judge. He is going to have a large squad and a full pre-season. He has the backing of the board with Walter upstairs. I think every fan will accept the odd poor showing every 8-10 games or so and we are realistic that we wont be playing football like the Brazil side in 1970 but we will be expecting much more from last year. There is no excuses this season.

I think we need to see substantial improvement in terms of style of play.

A domestic cup may still be improbable but we should be looking to reach the final - unless we draw Celtic before then as I think that would prove a difficult tie for us. Even so, we do have a decent squad more than capable of giving them a good game.

To coin a phrase - no excuses.

I think we need to see substantial improvement in terms of style of play.

A domestic cup may still be improbable but we should be looking to reach the final - unless we draw Celtic before then as I think that would prove a difficult tie for us. Even so, we do have a decent squad more than capable of giving them a good game.

To coin a phrase - no excuses.

The Ramsden's cup should be firmly in our sights.....a good run in the others would be acceptable.

The Ramsden's cup should be firmly in our sights.....a good run in the others would be acceptable.

Not interested in the Ramsden's Cup but clearly winning it would be useful. I'd rather use that competition for youngsters only.

Ramsden's Cup and the title should be an absolute minimum in my opinion but everyone wants to see a more attractive, exciting brand of football. We all know that we will win Division 2 but we want to do it with a bit of style and panache.

Not interested in the Ramsden's Cup but clearly winning it would be useful. I'd rather use that competition for youngsters only.

Totally agree here. I think this could be a very useful exercise for our younger players who may not get as much game time given our recent signings.