Scotsport last night

Guest Big_Gazza_Mc

Another telling point is the number of texts along the bottom that are pro-Celtic or anti-Rangers. Frankly some of the views they choose to broadcast are embarassing. Joke of a programme.

I watched our highlights, wanted to see the deflection in Hemdani's shot as I failed to notice it on first viewing, then immediately switched it off. Load of crap.

Not too sure what that last sentence means?

I stand by what i said, Celtic had players missing etc, we were at full strength.

Thanks for the abuse guys, very welcoming

I agree to an extent that i don't think Celtic had to win which can cost you, uncontiously, that extra 10% in tackles. They were missing big Vinegar who could be a nightmare for us at deadball situations but in the second half they hardly got the ball in our half.

I admit for a new guy who does not know the ropes the welcome was a bit harsh but i think if you stick around you will find that most if not all is meant as tongue in cheek humour. No matter what, your opinion was in order and a good debating point. Welcome mate.

Thanks pete,apologies to all for throwing my toys out the pram but opinions whether right or wrong are valid. Did find it funny that one poster could argue that it was biased and also say he doesnt watch it!!!:sigh:

Celtic were missing caldwell, Maloney and JVH (and Miller for most of the game) and also adapted their formation and gameplan due to the state of the pitch. Celtic have only played with Jarosik behind a lone striker away in europe this season and everyone apart from wee chesney knows it weakens them.

Hence they were playing "within themselves" It doesnt take anything away from the Rangers performance. Final ball was very poor and big Dado was dead on his feet after 70 mins.

Thanks pete,apologies to all for throwing my toys out the pram but opinions whether right or wrong are valid. Did find it funny that one poster could argue that it was biased and also say he doesnt watch it!!!:sigh:

actually i said it wasn't biased, then said i didn't watch it.

Guest Big_Gazza_Mc
Celtic were missing caldwell, Maloney and JVH (and Miller for most of the game) and also adapted their formation and gameplan due to the state of the pitch. Celtic have only played with Jarosik behind a lone striker away in europe this season and everyone apart from wee chesney knows it weakens them.

Well i would argue with you on a couple of points there, they were missing JVH but it could be argued if he would contribute anymore than jarosik as i believe jarosik has scored more goals with his head than JVH and the point of both players is to provide physical/aerial threat as none are particularly fast or skillful on the deck. Caldwell of course has been a miss for them or has he (remember benfica away :)), but remember them all singin "bobo's gonna get you" less than a year ago, times change fast. Maloney wouldn't have played anyway as him n mcgeady occupy the same position on the team and mcgeady has easily outperformed maloney this season. Miller was on the bench and came on so he wasn't missin and it wasn't because of the pitch he didn't play its because he is generally pish and has started most games on the bench this year.

You have also contradicted yourself in your own words... 1st you said celtic adapted their formation due to the state of the pitch, then you said they have done it in europe this season and everyone but wee chesney knows it weakens them i.e. your saying he would play that anyway because he doesn't realise its crap- not because of the pitch, as far as im aware the pitches at the stadium of light in lisbon and parken in copenhagen were fine.

Its funny how all the pitch arguements only came from one side, the side who got dominated. A didn't see Rangers have any problems playing FOOTBALL. Celtic's problem is they play football against the likes of dunfermline n st mirren, when it comes to the big stage there SEVERE lack of passing and tactical knowledge comes into play i.e. champions league, they had one good game out of 6. and the spl - against the best teams i.e. us-they were a weeee bitty lucky at parkhead and that last game dick turpin would have been ashamed. against hearts they got well beaten and should have been at parkhead also had it not been for cheating (jarosik goal) and a miracle (gordon og). They should have had a draw an a defeat against hibs also but again luck and shite goalkeepin (malkovski) helped them out. whereas we have excelled against the good teams who present us with a challenge rather than sitting in defending i.e. proving our greaters tactical and technical abilities

Well i would argue with you on a couple of points there, they were missing JVH but it could be argued if he would contribute anymore than jarosik as i believe jarosik has scored more goals with his head than JVH and the point of both players is to provide aerial threat as none are particularly fast or skillful on the deck. Caldwell of course has been a miss for them, but remember them all singin "bobo's gonna get you" less than a year ago, times change fast. Maloney wouldn't have played anyway as him n mcgeady occupy the same position on the team and mcgeady has easily outperformed maloney this season. Miller was on the bench and came on so he wasn't missin and it wasn't because of the pitch he didn't play its because he is generally pish and has started most games on the bench this year.

Its funny how all the pitch arguements only came from one side, the side who got dominated. A didn't see Rangers have any problems playing FOOTBALL. Celtic's problem is they play football against the likes of dunfermline n st mirren, when it comes to the big stage there SEVERE lack of passing and tactical knowledge comes into play i.e. champions league, they had one good game out of 6. and the spl - against the best teams i.e. us-they were a weeee bitty lucky at parkhead and that last game dick turpin would have been ashamed. against hearts they got well beaten and should have been at parkhead also had it not been for cheating (jarosik goal) and a miracle (gordon og). They should have had a draw an a defeat against hibs also but again luck and shite goalkeepin (malkovski) helped them out. whereas we have excelled against the good teams who present us with a challenge rather than sitting in defending i.e. proving our greaters tactical and technical abilities

I agree on many things over the whole thread but mostly how everyone see's the same situation different. Vinegar not scoring many with the head dosn't mean he could not have scored a hattrick against us.

I will go for the middle road still i am afraid. I think we played well and dominated most of the game but i still think if we were on the same points Celtic could have stepped up a gear. I still think we are better though and in a 50-50 Scottish cup final we will win.

Guest Big_Gazza_Mc

oh aye no doubt celtic could have stepped it up a bit mate am not doubting that, but i totally agree we are the best (when we dont have the type of luck we did on sunday with the 2 posts etc) when both teams will be going full pelt as in a cup game.