Did Smith and Gough honestly say those things?

I could go on and on here. Richard Gough, one of Rangers' greatest ever captains, wrote in a newspaper column: "The club I gave blood, sweat and tears for is dead."

Walter Smith, one of the greatest figures in Rangers' history, and now the club's chairman, said of Green's consortium taking over: "I wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune."

Did Smith and Gough honestly say those things?

I could go on and on here. Richard Gough, one of Rangers' greatest ever captains, wrote in a newspaper column: "The club I gave blood, sweat and tears for is dead."

Walter Smith, one of the greatest figures in Rangers' history, and now the club's chairman, said of Green's consortium taking over: "I wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune."

Don't let yourself be lead down the garden path here. At the time many of us felt similarly, in one way or another. A rash or untimely statement fulfils Britney's agenda and he full well knows that these people hardly regard Rangers as a new club now. His defence of the BBC, no matter how he clads it, is woeful.

Don't let yourself be lead down the garden path here. At the time many of us felt similarly, in one way or another. A rash or untimely statement fulfils Britney's agenda and he full well knows that these people hardly regard Rangers as a new club now. His defence of the BBC, no matter how he clads it, is woeful.

Cheers der Berliner, i know what you are saying and completely agree.

if I understand britney's arguement it is this:

On the one hand UEFA, the SFA, the ECA, the Scottish Courts, Lord Nimmo Smith and the Advertising Standards Authority all said and continue to say that Rangers is the same club.

On the other, a tabloid hack with newspapers to sell, a Yorkshire carpetbagger with a buck to make, two ex-Rangers in the immediate aftermath of the turmoil and some bloke named 'Boal' said a year ago that we're not (although at least 4 of those have since changed their opinion).

As GS says, you'd have to be a moron to really believe that Rangers doesn't exist although he could have added 'bigot' as well.

It's not rocket science; it's really not.

The club was founded in 1872.

The club became so successful and attracted so many spectators that it formed a company to run its affairs in 1899.

The club played football; the Company ran the organisation, raised funds, did the admin and took care of the legalities.

The club played in blue jerseys; the Company wore suits.

The Company employed people to play football for the club.

That company went into liquidation in 2012.

The club's affairs are now managed by a new company; Hence Newco and not Newclu.

Brilliant article by the way, amms .

if I understand britney's arguement it is this:

On the one hand UEFA, the SFA, the ECA, the Scottish Courts, Lord Nimmo Smith and the Advertising Standards Authority all said and continue to say that Rangers is the same club.

On the other, a tabloid hack with newspapers to sell, a Yorkshire carpetbagger with a buck to make, two ex-Rangers in the immediate aftermath of the turmoil and some bloke named 'Boal' said a year ago that we're not (although at least 4 of those have since changed their opinion).

As GS says, you'd have to be a moron to really believe that Rangers doesn't exist although he could have added 'bigot' as well.

It's not rocket science; it's really not.

The club was founded in 1872.

The club became so successful and attracted so many spectators that it formed a company to run its affairs in 1899.

The club played football; the Company ran the organisation, raised funds, did the admin and took care of the legalities.

The club played in blue jerseys; the Company wore suits.

The Company employed people to play football for the club.

That company went into liquidation in 2012.

The club's affairs are now managed by a new company; Hence Newco and not Newclu.

Brilliant article by the way, amms .

Love this post! Well said.