Help bail us out Gers

Even if we had lost the EBT case it would only have been administration errors in a perfectly legal tax avoidance scheme. Everyone avoids paying more tax than they need to. A certain corrupt institution in the East End of Glasgow is run by folk who exploit these more than most so, even then, why would we have been so illegally hammered?

And now they say we weren't punished. We were mugged, sent into exile and fined for being so mugged, then handcuffed and put in leg chains to slow any chance of recovery and are now being blamed for being ungrateful for all this.

Dunno what people do over there. I've got 8,5k posts (since July 2006) in the current incarnation of the board, have been there since I was able to access the net and never been in bother ... and you probably know me good enough by now to note that I have my "controversial" moments too.

I was banned from Follow Follow when I was in the midst of writing my second article for the magazine. My crime was to doubt something Green said, which led to tedious calls that I was a tim. When I pointed out that the forum was full of vitriolic abuse aimed at Rangers players and management past and present and that made it particularly galling that whenever a debate was being lost the "he's a Tim" cry went up - I was booted out.

What exactly are we to be punished for? If we lost the EBT case then maybe but we've pretty much won everything and the more you look at it, the more it seems as if we are the victims and it's other that deserve to punished for their sins against us - including Hearts.

The worst thing we actually did was sail a bit close to the wind in legal tax avoidance which caught the ire of an immoral, irresponsible and vindictive HMRC department. The Craig Whyte year was as a direct result of their unjustified actions - and in the end we lost far more money than we gained for newcoing.

After the BTC result went in our favour, the only 'punishment' that could be given was for Whyte's ownership of Rangers. But as I've said on here constantly we need to find out how Whyte got Rangers in the first place. I don't buy anything which suggests SDM got duped. I believe he was forced into this sale but by whom & for what reasons ? hopefully one of the police investigations will provide the answer to this.

I also want to know why HMRC pursued us for a perfectly legal tax avoidance scheme which thousands of UK companies used and why they sent a £24m bill. Again were they put up to this ? if so by whom & for what reasons ? was it a former labour cabinet minister now in the Lords ? HMRC effectively crippled Rangers making it unsellable until Whyte appeared. If HMRC eventually lose the BTC after all appeals fail will oldco shareholders sue HMRC? I'd certainly hope so