Help bail us out Gers

These last three weeks, I have listened to and read the usual suspects being hugely sympathetic to the current Hearts plight. Further, they have all chorused the lionisation of Jambos and cautioned them as to future/continuing investment in their club ie exert as much leverage as possible and achieve the biggest bang for your buck.

Again, the sensitivities of Rangers supporters do not count. The message is take their money(investment) and continue the hate anyways.

Occupying the moral high ground is always tempting; however, in this case any advantage would not survive the continuing heavy artillery on all things Rangers.

my point is mate how do we destroy the liewell-led cabal before it totally destroys Scottish football?

Its doing a pretty good job self destructing itself from what I see. Can only be so long before that becomes the view.

A wee reminder of what the great man said when being presented with the portrait that now hangs in the Ibrox trophy room.

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

This issue is a no win situation for Rangers. If the playing a friendly suggestion is declined, we will be criticised. If we agree to play and very few Rangers supporters turn up, which is both likely and understandable, again there will be criticism.

I don't go along with the return to the negotiating table view. Not unless there was an expression of remorse by the SPL gang. These were the people who wanted Rangers to sign away titles before any evidence had been presented and when their persistence failed, they wanted Rangers to meet the costs. As far as I know, that remains their position. Do we really want to negotiate with such individuals? What benefits could we realistically expect to emerge from negotiations?