Help bail us out Gers

The fact that Gary Locke even considered asking Rangers for help shows the complete lack of remorse and understanding of what the SPL clubs and their supporters did to Rangers last Summer that we've come to expect from all those involved in the top flight.

I don't personally want to hold a grudge but I can certainly understand why a large number of fellow bears do. Sheer stupidity from Locke to have asked us nevermind tell the press about it.

They should think about organizing a legends game at Tynecastle. Unlike us they might not attract an AC Milan select, but given the sympathy being shown to them I don't think they'd have too much of a problem attracting an all-star select of some sort for opposition.

Lifted from FF:

RANGERS fans have vowed to snub any money-spinning friendly to help out Hearts.

Tynecastle manager Gary Locke is keen to arrange a home clash with Gers to raise vital revenue for the skint Jambos.

But Mark Dingwall, of the Rangers Supporters’ Trust insists Ibrox fans are still raging at the Jambos’ attitude when the Light Blues were refused re-entry to the SPL following liquidation last summer.

He said: “Hearts are obviously slightly desperate and detached from the reality of the situation.

“We feel for ordinary Hearts fans who are worried about their club.

“However, the behaviour of their directors and how they voted last year has soured the atmosphere.

“If you look at the glee with which some SPL clubs and their fans leapt on Rangers’ misfortunes last year, there would be very little appetite among the supporters to assist.

“Any game would achieve minimal levels of support from Rangers fans. I don’t think they’d come out in numbers.”

Rangers have a hectic pre-season schedule, but Ibrox sources won’t rule out the prospect of a Tynecastle game being arranged for August.

There is sympathy towards the Tynecastle workers from Rangers staff — after Gers went through administration themselves last year.

But Ibrox punters believe the controversial outbursts of AWOL Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov can’t be forgotten.

The Russian slammed Gers’ mismanagement last year when he announced he would vote against the club being accepted back into the SPL.

Dingwall claims Hearts’ attitude and actions then have come back to haunt them when they need help most.

He said: “Unfortunately for the ordinary Hearts fans, they will get tarred with the same brush.

“If Hearts were the first to put the boot into Rangers last year, it’s unfortunate the attitude they displayed then has come home to roost.”

Meanwhile, Gers star David Templeton has done his bit to help out former club Hearts.

The Ibrox ace auctioned off the boots he scored with in the Jambos’ Europa League clash with Liverpool last season, raising hundreds to boost the Tynecastle coffers.

So that's who banned me? :D

Dunno what people do over there. I've got 8,5k posts (since July 2006) in the current incarnation of the board, have been there since I was able to access the net and never been in bother ... and you probably know me good enough by now to note that I have my "controversial" moments too.

Meanwhile, Gers star David Templeton has done his bit to help out former club Hearts.

The Ibrox ace auctioned off the boots he scored with in the Jambos’ Europa League clash with Liverpool last season, raising hundreds to boost the Tynecastle coffers.

Good on him, a really nice gesture. I have to say though I really wouldn't want to put my money into a ticket for a fund raising friendly with hearts. I'd love to forgive & forget but they are still yapping on about us (the fans). Much better to do as we are doing - spend our money at the smaller clubs in Scotland, ensuring they are more financially sound than they have been.

This is what pisses me off. Our supporters have poured money in to football clubs all over the country in this last year but the hacks et al quickly forget that. We are doing our bit. Just because we don't want to help out one club, and that doesn't suit the SFA/SPL agenda they use it as a stick. Well fuck that.