CRO Article :Ally: you can't have everything in the aisle

Excellent article from Ian Nicol

32 players.

Thatâ??s how many we currently have in our squad, even after removing players with expiring contracts, Goian and Bocanegra. Thatâ??s how many we had when our manager, Ally McCoist, told us again today that we need more â??bodiesâ?.

Not players â?? â??bodiesâ?. (I suppose thatâ??s about all you can describe Craig Gordon and Andy Webster as, but thatâ??s probably another discussion for another article.)

Last season, it was widely reported our annual wage bill was somewhere in the region of £7.5m. Now, comparing that to Rangers sides of the past, that seems relatively low. Compare it to our opponents, every other team out with Celtic in Scotland and our current level of income, however, and you see the true picture: - financial lunacy. With the upheaval and uncertainty of last summer, a bit of leeway can be given to the club, but only on the presumption that weâ??ll get things right next time around.

Click for the rest......

Deary me, must be what Ally meant by spending money to keep him and his cohorts in a job. :facepalm:

Motherwell - £3.5m

· Inverness - £2m

· Dundee Utd - £3.8m

· Rangers - £7.5m

Edited by reaper

New contracts for Hegarty, Naismith and Mitchell now seem totally bizarre.

Where as Steven Smith and Ricky Foster are a decent standard for where we are, younger alternatives of a similar standard with potential to improve such as Tom Hateley and Ryan McGivern would have been better options in my opinion.

Deary me, must be what Ally meant by spending money to keep him and his cohorts in a job. :facepalm:

Motherwell - £3.5m

· Inverness - £2m

· Dundee Utd - £3.8m

· Rangers - £7.5m

Can you add the average attendance figures for these clubs?

We have 32 players in the squad? How many youngsters are inlcuded here? How many of those are on 200 to 500 pounds a week? If you read some people's comments we should do it like we do it with those women teams that are u17s or less, i.e. their parents pay that they can play for Rangers?

Players already who've already left the club:

Alexander

Kyle

Sandaza

Hemmings

If Boca and Goian join them that will be six players with three of them amongst our highest earners. Sandaza wouldn't have been too cheap either iirc. There could also be more outgoings for all we know.

If it balances out come the transfer window end that we've added four or five players to the size of squad we started with last season without drastically increasing the wage bill then I don't see too much of a problem with that.

You know it's going to be an unfair piece when it starts by including any player seen in the vicinity of Ibrox. Itgoes on to allude to a rate of loss that implies we're heading for financial ruin unless we equal Queens Park's wage bill ie zero. If we're losing a million a month then we can't afford even a penny of the speculated 7.5m wage bill and we're fucked no matter what we do.

Can you add the average attendance figures for these clubs?

We have 32 players in the squad? How many youngsters are inlcuded here? How many of those are on 200 to 500 pounds a week? If you read some people's comments we should do it like we do it with those women teams that are u17s or less, i.e. their parents pay that they can play for Rangers?

What has attendances got to do with anything, Monaco are spending more money than Fort Knox on averages of 5000 crowds, what I can tell you is that the club salary figures quoted are premier league clubs while we are/were in case you missed it 4th tier, also QOS romped the 2nd on a budget of £350,000, around half of our managers stipend not including add-ons.