Boca And Goian Gone?

This is what I was getting at. Some players acted in the best interest of the club. most didn't and I hope they are never seen around Ibrox again. I think Craig mentioned it on another post about Greegs' Turkish club getting nearly £2m only a year after he left us. He could've stayed with us and got another club easy as would most of the other players. We would not have been hard to deal with on transfer fees I'm sure. We lost out on Millions by them leaving.

We would have just broken even if we had kept McGregor for another year(taking into consideration his huge contract and all his bonuses) and only got £2m for him. And who is to say anyone would have paid even £2m for a 4th tier goalie?

We would have just broken even if we had kept McGregor for another year(taking into consideration his huge contract and all his bonuses) and only got £2m for him. And who is to say anyone would have paid even £2m for a 4th tier goalie?

We could've/would've sold them pretty much straight away and not kept them for another year which is what you keep saying here. They all got clubs or offers pretty quickly to sort of back up what I trying to get at here. He and most of them were/are international players whether they were at a 4th tier club or not and we are not just any 4th tier club are we?

Does anyone know exactly what is happening regards McGregor, Naismith, Whittaker etc ? are we still trying to get money for them breaching their contracts when they left?

I think it's still on going but don't know where we are with it to be honest mate.

Its a shame we couldnt get a deal with Boca to stay on lower wages. He is now looking for a new club and may struggle to get a good deal somwhere. It would have been a win win for all had he accepted reduced terms if we offered. A partnership of Boca and Berra would have been strong.

Its a shame we couldnt get a deal with Boca to stay on lower wages. He is now looking for a new club and may struggle to get a good deal somwhere. It would have been a win win for all had he accepted reduced terms if we offered. A partnership of Boca and Berra would have been strong.

I think he was told if he wanted to be in the world cup squad he would need to be playing at a higher level before hand. He will get a deal in the MLS next season no problem IMO. I would have loved him to stay for the next few seasons.

Again, I for one doubt that Santander were able to pay Boca the same money that we offered, but that is just MHO. Essentially, I would assume that for the wages of these two combined, we can afford at least 6 other players (those already there included). Add Alexander to that list and you probably see where the wages bill money is coming from.

Best wishes and good luck to both of them. Boca was a great ambassador for the game and the club.

Santander would only have been paying SOME of Bocanegra's wage whilst we paid a fair chunk of it too.

A player like McGregor would have been sold in the pre-season last year which is PRIOR to us starting life in the 3rd division. He was still a SPL keeper at that point.

Unless you are suggesting that players such as McGregor, Davis, Naismith et al would have struggled to get a transfer ? You and I both know that isn't the case. Naismith, for example, probably worth upwards of 5 million - during the close season last year we would have comfortably got 2 million for him even in our predicament. Same with Davis and McGregor

Sorry, i don't know what that first bit means means. What is a Davis and Boca? And again, we don't know what would have happened transfer wise. It's all speculation and guess work.

Like your reply with regard of us ending up bankrupt if they had transferred?

Both, Boca and Davis transferred over, one way or another, and we received 800k for Davis, unless I am mistaken. I reckon McGregor, Whittaker, Naismith et al would at least have make similar amounts.

We could've/would've sold them pretty much straight away and not kept them for another year which is what you keep saying here. They all got clubs or offers pretty quickly to sort of back up what I trying to get at here. He and most of them were/are international players whether they were at a 4th tier club or not and we are not just any 4th tier club are we?

There is a huge difference between could have and would have mate.

A player like McGregor would have been sold in the pre-season last year which is PRIOR to us starting life in the 3rd division. He was still a SPL keeper at that point.

Unless you are suggesting that players such as McGregor, Davis, Naismith et al would have struggled to get a transfer ? You and I both know that isn't the case. Naismith, for example, probably worth upwards of 5 million - during the close season last year we would have comfortably got 2 million for him even in our predicament. Same with Davis and McGregor

We simply do not know. It's not like we were knocking back offers left, right and centre for them during the 3 years previosu when our whole squad was up for sale.

Like your reply with regard of us ending up bankrupt if they had transferred?

Both, Boca and Davis transferred over, one way or another, and we received 800k for Davis, unless I am mistaken. I reckon McGregor, Whittaker, Naismith et al would at least have make similar amounts.

No, had we carried over a £30m wage bill we would have lasted only a matter of weeks. Did we ever get that Davis money? I thought the SFA stole it?