The absense of Kris Boyd

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but I think he's a big reason why we've been pish recently. Take Saturday for example, we absolutely destroyed Hibs minus Kris Boyd. We didn't punt the ball aimlessly upto the strikers, we passed the ball through the midfield and created many a chance.

It seems we play a long ball style of football when Boyd is playing which doesn't suit him at all because he more often than not ends up losing the ball and falling on his arse.

I say PLG should monitor how we play without him and if all is going well then leave him out all together.

What's everyone else's thoughs on this? :confused:

Agree the flat 4-4-2 was a reason for improvement but difficult to say after 1 game. The next few games will maybe tell though but its a good shout as we dont use him in the right way and it changes our play.

Agree the flat 4-4-2 was a reason for improvement but difficult to say after 1 game. The next few games will maybe tell though but its a good shout as we dont use him in the right way and it changes our play.

Agreed that it is difficult to say after one game Gribz - and unfair on Boyd too to lay all the blame at his feet - look at the Falkirk game, there was a full TEAM of under-performers that day (and that is just one game).

I think the formation more than the personnel deployed was the reason for the convincing win on Saturday - hopefully the same formation and same result will ensuer this Sunday......

Agreed that it is difficult to say after one game Gribz - and unfair on Boyd too to lay all the blame at his feet - look at the Falkirk game, there was a full TEAM of under-performers that day (and that is just one game).

I think the formation more than the personnel deployed was the reason for the convincing win on Saturday - hopefully the same formation and same result will ensuer this Sunday......

Yeah, and IMO its no coincidence that a midfield containing 4 REAL midfielders assisted on our good win against Hibs. And not only 4 real midfielders but everyone was in a proper position.

TO get the best out of Boyd he needs a Hateley type partner and he hasnt had thats. I have been a critic of Boyd but as you say the blame cant be put on him when the other 10 havent been performing.

Yeah, and IMO its no coincidence that a midfield containing 4 REAL midfielders assisted on our good win against Hibs. And not only 4 real midfielders but everyone was in a proper position.

TO get the best out of Boyd he needs a Hateley type partner and he hasnt had thats. I have been a critic of Boyd but as you say the blame cant be put on him when the other 10 havent been performing.

I agree, and I have been a critic of Boyd too - but he isn't the only one out there. However, his absence might be the reason PLG reverted to 4-4-2 - so we may end up thanking Boyd for getting injured, making PLG see sense and then when he is fit, he will likely come back in to the 4-4-2 and still end up the SPL top scorer.

Boyd NEEDS someone up front beside him - he doesn't have the touch, the skill, the pace OR the vision to play a lone role up there - but he sure as shit knows how to find the back of the net !

glad to see people not trying to blame it all on boydy. People say he's lazy. he is! but has he needed the time that sebo has needed to get goals? no he's scored from day 1.

play boyd with a partner up front, with 4-4-2 and guys like sionko crossing it in for him, and baz slotting it thru for him... can only see him scoring goals!

Have a look how many times tonight we didnt have anyone in the box! thats where boyd lives and does his damage.

Hopefully we'll stick to the same style as we deployed against hibs against c*lt*c and will show that it was change in style/formation that caused the good performance and NOT the lack of boyd!