I have tried all of everyone's solutions to no avail. I am not going to change my browser. I am not having problems with any other websites, so I am at a loss as to what to do next. Please keep the suggestions coming. It is still running slowly and I am still getting the message about the long script.

Out of the blue, yesterday, my lap top started running really slowly on Gersnet. It isn't happening when I am doing anything else, just on Gersnet.

Can anyone suggest how I might get things back to normal?

I've also had a problem over the last couple of days with a box coming up saying a script is trying to run that will slow down my browser. I'm accessing on IE8 which I can't upgrade as the laptop I'm using in 'locked down'. Had no problems until recently.

I've also had a problem over the last couple of days with a box coming up saying a script is trying to run that will slow down my browser. I'm accessing on IE8 which I can't upgrade as the laptop I'm using in 'locked down'. Had no problems until recently.

I suspected other people would be having problems. I think it is probably an issue for the site administrators.

I have tried all of everyone's solutions to no avail. I am not going to change my browser. I am not having problems with any other websites, so I am at a loss as to what to do next. Please keep the suggestions coming. It is still running slowly and I am still getting the message about the long script.

I know you dont want to change your browser, and neither did I, but I downloaded Firefox as well which I use for Gersnet, and continue to use IE for other things (although I'm starting to find Firefox more stable all round).

VBulletin doesn't work great on Internet Explorer, it's just one of those things. Change to a sleeker browser or tweak IE to work quicker.

In the settings there will be an option to "Pre load website data" or along those lines, make sure you've selected that and then each time you open a Gernset page it will use the cached (stored) version as a template and then refresh the latest version in the background.

I dumped IE a long time ago so I'm not familiar with the latest settings menu jargon but give it a go.

Thanks, everyone. Have gone back to chrome as can sync my phone and tablet to it. has resolved my issue, but I still don't get why this just happened suddenly ??

Never mind, it is sorted now.

Firefox Loyal!!!! I dumped IE more than 10 years ago now I believe, and have no intention of going back any time soon. Try running Superantispyware free edition and see if that helps.