Corporate Tax Payments

Bear gives Mad 20 names a doing on Celtics Tax and hiding debts.....

so phil celtic are free from external debt you claim?

are you aware of the seven secured charges or mortgages against celtic park the asset?

1) co-op date of active charge 10/06/2011

2) Glasgow city council date of charge 11/05/2009

3) Glasgow city council date of charge 11/05/2009

4) co-op bank date of charge 30/04/2009

5) co-op bank date of charge 30/04/2009

6)the Scottish ministers date of charge 28/07/2006

7) co- op bank date of charge 01/06/2001

are you aware that these charges are described on companies house as seven secured mortgages and active?

no external debt?

donâ??t think so

any chance of an answer of the last time celtic paid corporation tax?

July 3, 2013 at 6:00 pmReply

Phil - The Failed Journalist

Please read my comments carefully (or get someone to help you with them).

â??Zero NET debtâ??.

There thereâ?¦.

July 4, 2013 at 2:50 am

nearly there

ah phil so your saying there is plenty of gross debt then?

July 4, 2013 at 9:28 am

nearly there

and i see you never answered the question on corporation tax phil. so read this and maybe get somebody to read it to you slowly, how much of the apparent 14.94 million grossed of celticâ??s supposed profit did they pay in corporation tax?

July 4, 2013 at 10:39 am

Until I see evidence to the contrary (like an HMRC investigation) then I can only conclude that Celtic are tax compliant

July 4, 2013 at 11:43 am

nearly there

phil i never asked you that, i asked how much did they pay in corporation tax for the accounts up to dec 2012. simple enough question

July 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

Quite simply Celtic are either tax compliant or they are not.

The absence of an HMRC probe would seem to answer that one.

July 4, 2013 at 11:57 am

itim1967

Since the lands acquired were for the redevelopment of Celtic park I donâ??t think the big team in Glasgow will be selling them off anytime soon, do you? What would you suggest the council do with the land? build a public park with a boating pond, behave yourself. As Iâ??ve stated before your own deceased club benefited from a similar deal when they were refurbishing their ain midden. Youâ??d think you would be celebrating your new wee teams first and probably last piece of silverware instead of concerning yourself with such trivial matters.

July 4, 2013 at 2:09 pm

nearly there

so you dont want to answer it phil, it really is a simple question, ill repeat it again, how much corporation tax did celtic pay on their apparent grossed up profit for dec 2012 accounts on the 14.94 million (apparently)?

just answer the question or get someone to read it to you, and then answer

July 4, 2013 at 12:01 pm

nearly there

itim you are displaying a clear lack of understanding. one the charges for lands gifted or sold have nothing to do with developing celtic park as to my knowledge that was done in 1994. read the charges I posted these were for may 2009. now im sure you are fully aware as you are a top notch accountant that no solicitor would wait 15 years to register charges against property. and for the record never has there been charges registered against ibrox park. so I assume your accusation about similar deals done for rangers may be in your head

July 4, 2013 at 7:49 pm

nearly there

still no answer phil to a very simple question, how much corporation tax paid by celtic, for the gross 14.94 million supposed operating profit from their accounts dec 2012? now I have not mentioned compliance or anything to do with compliance, just how much did they pay from the dec 2012 accounts. really simple to answer, if you donâ??t know just say.

now to really confuse you phil, when was the last known time celtic paid corporation tax?

Guest alfiebass

Very interesting post bud. Can you tell me more about the items listed?

2) Glasgow city council date of charge 11/05/2009

3) Glasgow city council date of charge 11/05/2009

Not sure of the relevance of Celtic not paying corporation tax. If they have large losses brought forward from a previous year then there would be no need.

Haven't read the full OP but I assume creative accounting is on the go at the piggery?

Haven't read the full OP but I assume creative accounting is on the go at the piggery?

Seems to be 2 issues, but it's not the easiest thing to follow. Celtic's debt situation and whether they pay corporation tax. The former seems to be an issue quibbling about words. Celtic probably do have debt (can't remember and don't have their accounts to hand) but their net debt is relatively low. Any further argument is just getting into semantics and I've already dealt with the corporation tax. Celtic have always been a bit creative on the presentational side but I've yet to see anything that suggests that there is real creative accounting going on. There may be, but there's nothing in the OP that I can get excited about.

A bit of general info:

Celtic FCâ??s £9 Million Hidden Debt paying 6% in Perpetuity

Put into words (not mine):

Celtic PLC is the parent company - it owns all the assets, holds the memberships and licences. It was formed in 1897. It owns Celtic FC Limited (formerly HMS (402) Ltd - formed in 2001). Celtic FC Limited pays the wages, takes in all the money and is essentially the day-to-day operator of the Club.

Celtic FC Limited doesn't own any of the assets.

So, essentially, Celtic PLC owns the players, but they're paid by Celtic FC Limited.

The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Ltd (Pacific Shelf 595 Ltd - formed in 1994) is owned by Celtic FC Limited, who are, as previously stated, owned by Celtic PLC. It does nothing other than preserve the former name of Celtic PLC prior to public listing.

Celtic PLC (1897)

owns

Celtic FC Ltd (2001)

owns

The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Ltd (1994)

They are £9m in debt to a few of their shareholders. It pays around £500k in interest every year to Desmond and a couple of others.

Current structure

CELTIC F.C. LIMITED [2011, collected May 2012]

Cash at Bank : £880,000 [116,000]

Net Worth : £-31,657,000 [-23,576,000]

Total Current Liabilities : £37,520,000 [28,921,000 ]

Total Current Assets : £5,984,000 [5,487,000]

Celtic F.c. Limited's risk score was amended on 06/06/2013

CELTIC PLC [2011, collected May 2012]

Cash at Bank : £8,198,000 [10,818,000]

Net Worth : £25,345,000 [29,639,000]

Total Current Liabilities : £28,290,000 [28,075,000]

Total Current Assets : £15,339,000 [18,905,000]

... as of 30/06/2012. Celtic Plc's risk score was amended on 28/02/2013.

In a graphic: Celtic Tax Avoidance schemes ( <- click)