Malcolm Murray - Open letter

wish I was so confident he saved us . Time and again I`ve seen twats like him lead investors a merry dance - usually I think , well , it`s their own money they can do as they like knowing the risks but this was different as it`s our club . To them it`s just another badly run business with assets to be raped , another opportunity to fleece the wee guy .

But it was the doyen of corporate governance who convinced the City to invest,

Right, in reading this thread I am making a statement that may, or may not go down well.

Reaper, start posting in the spirit of the forum - posting links which barely have relevance to the debate or, indeed, being cryptic in your responses to people which make it difficult to understand what your argument is, is NOT in the spirit of the forum.

Further, responding to posts with completely different meaning/argument also is NOT in the spirit of the forum.

So either post in the spirit of the forum as the vast majority of members do, or take a step away to see how we try to deal with debate responsibly and maturely here.

I would have thought the chances of it being the latter are quite high. They didn't factor dividends into their scheme for a laugh.

The promise of dividends was just a mirage they never factored in themselves being around long enough to possibly pay one out.

Try answering the question. You seem to have a real politician's knack of answering something which hasn't been asked.

Now... look at my post again... and tell me where I said Green wasn't a good businessman... might take you a while though.

Having said that, Where is the proof that he IS a good businessman ? Trust me, "creating a successful flotation" is not very difficult, particularly for the position we were in at the time - however, also lets not forget that a sizeable chunk of those funds that were realized from said flotation came from known associates of Green - cash for the boys if you will.

Also, tell me where I said that I think Green did nothing to save us. Again, you wont find me saying that.

You really are lacking in terms of actually reading a post and responding to what is asked. You are merely trying to twist people's comments, and that is hardly fair.

You will have to do better than that you can start by showing where I said that you said Green wasn't a good businessman,shall I wait, you can start by showing where I said that you said Green did nothing to save us, shall I wait, you appear to have difficulty in differentiating between questions and statements, maybe that is part of your over inflated ego.

Most forums have mods who remain neutral so they can mod properly a few here have nailed their colours firmly to the mast on one side of the debate, not politically clever at all, have a nice day.

The promise of dividends was just a mirage they never factored in themselves being around long enough to possibly pay one out.

Good point. I certainly found it interesting that Green practically hung himself out to dry. It's entirely possible that both Green & Ahmad manufactured their exits on purpose, although that wouldn't tie in with Ahmad's claims on that RM account about Green would be trying to manufacture a return to Ibrox after some boardroom shuffling (like Murray & Cartmell out and Easdale in for example). I mean why would he deliberately manufacture an exit only to shortly afterwards manufacture a return? Doesn't make sense.

Good point. I certainly found it interesting that Green practically hung himself out to dry. It's entirely possible that both Green & Ahmad manufactured their exits on purpose, although that wouldn't tie in with Ahmad's claims on that RM account about Green would be trying to manufacture a return to Ibrox after some boardroom shuffling (like Murray & Cartmell out and Easdale in for example). I mean why would he deliberately manufacture an exit only to shortly afterwards manufacture a return? Doesn't make sense.

Whyte coming out the woodwork with desperate claims caused Green's departure, I don't see how he manufactured that. His interview gaffes were made a bigger deal of since they were in addition to all the Whyte stuff.

Our friend reaper is now banned.

Let this be a warning that the forum isn't willing to put up with people throwing personal insults at other forum members. Take note.

As has been said, the complaints have not been about the messenger, but instead about the inability or reluctance of the messenger to actually communicate whatever the message is in a way that is easily understood. No point being a windtalker when your audience doesn't speak Navaho. The messenger might find it annoying to have to spell it out, but in the end it all depends what they actually want to achieve.

Actually communicating the message doesn't seem like a high priority, which makes for a pretty ineffective messenger.

Should Mr Traynor not be the main communicator on behalf of the club?

There are far more people taking out than putting in and fans are left to pick up the pieces, I will leave it at that.

Fine, leave it at that, but acknowledge it isn't what you originally said at least. You claimed the following...

What clubs would that be, not Real Madrid not Barca not Man u or the vast majority of the EPL or football in general. owners who put money in for no return are thinner on the ground than gnat's piss

...and that's simply not true. The vast majority of owners who put money in get no return, at least not a financial return. This thread is about ownership and directors, wanting owners and directors who won't demand a personal financial return is very much the norm in British football, not the exception you made it out to be.