Can McAusland win a start at def mid?

Guest nvager

I think Jig gets far too much stick from Rangers fans,well on gersnet anyway,the man was a giant for us last season and also ended up with 25 goals,I think?, we will need his experience again this season,the younger guys respect him and this is vital to their development having someone like Jig to help them along.

I don't think he does get stick. Remember he's 35 now & not getting any younger. I think this was why Ally brought in Jon Daly who'll do a similar job to what jig did. Jig will always be a Rangers legend after summer 2012.

& if we get the CB's sorted out then there's no reason we can't win both the LC & SC this season.

I really don't understand that train of thought at all Rab. We're not favourites to win any of the cups and rightly so. We're building a new team and using a lot of our youth team graduates, so why should we be favourites to win any of the cups?

I don't think he does get stick. Remember he's 35 now & not getting any younger. I think this was why Ally brought in Jon Daly who'll do a similar job to what jig did. Jig will always be a Rangers legend after summer 2012.

This I disagree with,he gets slaughtered on here quite often.

I really don't understand that train of thought at all Rab. We're not favourites to win any of the cups and rightly so. We're building a new team and using a lot of our youth team graduates, so why should we be favourites to win any of the cups?

Sorry totally disagree. Genuinely believe if we get the CB's sorted out then we'll be there or thereabouts in the LC & SC this season. Why fear Celtic? when I look at some of their SPL performances last season I think they're there for the taking.

It's my understanding from RM that quite worryingly, our youth are abysmal. If Kal Naismith was seen worthy of a first team place then this is quite obviously true.

I've been saying for over 10 years on Rangers forums that we need to instigate and intelligent infrastructure of expansive scouting and youth development. Unfortunately this has never come to fruition and as a result we sign dross and develop terrible players. My main hope for our future is we find someone with 10% of Jurgen Klopp's ability and develop an attacking brand of short passing football with a focus on cheap foreign talent and youth players. Instead we have Ally who along with McLeish is basically the worst manager of all time

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Sorry totally disagree. Genuinely believe if we get the CB's sorted out then we'll be there or thereabouts in the LC & SC this season. Why fear Celtic? when I look at some of their SPL performances last season I think they're there for the taking.

They will sure be whipped into a frenzy by their fans and their manager and will do all the can to beat us by 5 or more. Of course, any SPL team we met last season had a chance to produce their record performance against Rangers FC, due to the state our team was in. Luckily enough, we did not meet the Scum (that would have been trouble on and off the pitch) and I for one hope that we don't do it this time around either. It will be a powder-keg occasion if ever there was one. No, as far as I am concerned the SP(F)L teams shall endure another Rangers-less season with as little blue pound filling their coffers as possible, so hopefully we only meet them late in the cups.

I would like to see him get a start even if it was just to try him out, but I don't see Ally putting him before Black as someone obviously really needs to stuff up before they're rotating out of the squad.

It's my understanding from RM that quite worryingly, our youth are abysmal. If Kal Naismith was seen worthy of a first team place then this is quite obviously true.

I've been saying for over 10 years on Rangers forums that we need to instigate and intelligent infrastructure of expansive scouting and youth development. Unfortunately this has never come to fruition and as a result we sign dross and develop terrible players. My main hope for our future is we find someone with 10% of Jurgen Klopp's ability and develop an attacking brand of short passing football with a focus on cheap foreign talent and youth players. Instead we have Ally who along with McLeish is basically the worst manager of all time

our u17's are excellent.

Jig will always be a legend after last summer but I thought it was asking a bit much when he got a new contract taking him up to his 37th birthday in two years time. Does anyone genuinely believe he'll still be challenging for a first team place up til then ?

What did he do last summer Rab?