El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing. ;)

I realise that, had me a little surprised as well there. Anyway, it says on Twitter: "'45 - Second half is underway! Kyle Hutton on to replace Ian Black for the second period. Come on Rangers!"

A bit off topic but looking at the pictures, all our non-playing people seem to be on the plump side. Surely that's a bit poor for a sports club? I can never understand why coaches become fat, it just seems a bit unprofessional and gives the impression you don't know much about fitness.

I work with a bunch of people sitting at a desk in an office and the vast majority are pretty slim (with many in their 40's). If we can do it, why can't those in the business?

A bit off topic but looking at the pictures, all our non-playing people seem to be on the plump side. Surely that's a bit poor for a sports club? I can never understand why coaches become fat, it just seems a bit unprofessional and gives the impression you don't know much about fitness.

I work with a bunch of people sitting at a desk in an office and the vast majority are pretty slim (with many in their 40's). If we can do it, why can't those in the business?

I agree with you points however many Sportsmen who retire struggle to adjust their diet when they stop their intense training.

I agree with you points however many Sportsmen who retire struggle to adjust their diet when they stop their intense training.

I know what your saying and after decades of closely watching what they eat and exercising hard every day, it probably feels they deserve to let themselves go.

But, these guys eat at Murray Park which has an expert nutritionist and cooks who make meals accordingly... Also they have access to a gym and are training players almost every day and so can join in. Surely they also enjoy a game of 5 a-side? They also have access to fitness experts. And it seems they have a lot more free time than most. They have public and television image to consider as part of their job.

A low carb diet with portion control, cutting out the crap, but having one day a week to eat anything you like, two 40 minute workouts a week plus a couple of one hour, hilly cycle rides (or games of squash/badminton/5aside/spin classes/circuits) would work wonders for them. That works out at half an hour a day of exercise.

It's hard work to get a really athletic body, especially a six pack, but it doesn't take that much effort or knowledge to keep a build where you don't have a big belly and instead look medium with just a couple of inches to pinch. It's even easier to look medium build these days as the average size is getting porkier.

The coaches in particular might get a bit more effort from the younger players if they themselves don't look like they'd wheeze and collapse if they did a fraction of what their asking the kids to do.

Read some of it too dB, nice to see the boys are getting some recognition this side of the atlantic, even if it's just for signing autographs.

Now that you mention it calscot, Ally and Kenny certainly do have a bit of a paunch going on. So does Walter but he's entitled to. :)