Walter Smith: I don't have the business brain to take Rangers forward

WALTER SMITH last night admitted he doesnâ??t have the business brain to take Rangers to the next level.

Smith, who made history by becoming the first person for 140 years to manage the club and then be appointed chairman, insists he doesnâ??t want the job long-term.

He insists he doesnâ??t have the financial nous to do the job properly and is only there to sort out the infighting that has blighted the board.

Smith said: â??Thereâ??s a level of finance we need to find to progress and Iâ??m not suited to that kind of work.

â??Iâ??m not conversant with business or legal matters and thatâ??s why I canâ??t be a long-term appointment as chairman.

â??My focus of attention is getting this club back to the days when the talk was about the team on the park and not who does what in the boardroom. Thatâ??s my goal.

â??Weâ??ve made huge strides as a club and now we have to find a level of finance to go even further.

â??And Iâ??m under no illusions about the kind of contribution I have to make at this time.â?

Meanwhile, the Ibrox club last night confirmed they have reached a mutual agreement with Fran Sandaza to terminate his contract.

The Spanaird was dismissed by Rangers after he discussed his contract terms in a hoax call with the caller posing as an agent.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chairman-walter-smith-dont-business-2064533

Sounds pretty honest.

Director Shareholding

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:RFC.L&it=le

Following the appointment of James Andrew Easdale as a Non-executive Director of the Company, the Company confirms that, pursuant to AIM Rule 17, Mr Easdale currently holds 357,143 ordinary shares in the Company, representing approximately 0.55% of the Company's issued share capital.

Walter's business brain shouldn't be an issue so long as we can trust our CEO and Finance Director are doing their jobs properly.

Having a good mind for business in general doesn't necessarily correlate to the business of football anyway. What business credentials do the likes of Beckenbauer and Platini have?

Walter's business brain shouldn't be an issue so long as we can trust our CEO and Finance Director are doing their jobs properly.

Having a good mind for business in general doesn't necessarily correlate to the business of football anyway. What business credentials do the likes of Beckenbauer and Platini have?

Beckenbauer has no function in the club whatsoever. In fact, quite a lot of Bayern fans feel he's redundant and constantly commenting on things he doesn't know about. Actually even club officials think so.

we need top class people throughout our board room.

the comparison of our directors and celtcs is embarrassing.

oh and we just got rid of two who were at the right level and replaced them with a gangster.

shambles.

I do not think I would want any of their lot ...

Ian Livingston – Celtic Director. One of Largest UK Corporate user of Tax Avoidance

Celtic board members = Tax cheats?

Celtic's Reid condemns Famine Song

Some interesting links and you've obviously got those as well

34yxkdv.jpg