Scotland squad v England at Wembley

Q a potential hiding in this game if England field a strong team. The biggest gulf in class between the 2 squads in the history of the fixture. But as its 3 days before the Premier league starts it could be an England B team.

Not one Rangers player in the squad - that could be a first! But 8 former players.

Goalkeepers:

Matt Gilks (Blackpool)

David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders:

Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion)

Steven Hammell (Motherwell)

Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)

Alan Hutton (Aston Villa)

Russell Martin (Norwich City)

Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)

Andy Webster (Unattached)

Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders:

Charlie Adam (Stoke City)

Barry Bannan (Aston Villa)

George Boyd (Hull City)

Liam Bridcutt (Brighton and Hove Albion)

Chris Burke (Birmingham City)

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Craig Conway (Cardiff City)

Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion)

James Forrest (Celtic)

Gary Mackay-Steven (Dundee United)

James McArthur (Wigan Athletic)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Steven Naismith (Everton)

Robert Snodgrass (Norwich City)

Forwards:

Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic)

Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps)

Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

Despite not having the quality of McAllister, Collins, Ferguson, Lambert etc its still a decent balanced squad and better than what we had under Berti Vogts reign. Considering the SFA/SPL management have done a wonderful job ruining the game its about as good as can expected. Lee Wallace should have been involved though.

Edited by Gribz

• 3 weeks later...

Lee Wallace not getting picked due to Rangers league status....yet Andy Webster is still included even though he doesn't even have a team to play for in ANY league!!!!

Did Strachan not see Wallace's performance last week????

After watching the euphoria that greeted the win after the total non-performance from Croatia, it saddens me to see the media/fans accepting mediocrity from our National side.

We are shite at every level now, but any win via however rubbish methods is accepted.

I apply this to Rangers too BTW.

I hope Scotland go down there, have a go and try to win.

What I don't want is for Scotland to sit back, try and soak up their pressure, hope that they play rubbish and that we can somehow fluke a goal.

Biggest game of the year back then, tickets were like gold dust, you would send about 20 requests for tickets hoping you would be successful. If you weren't one of the lucky ones, it was the whole family round the wireless, after the game out in the street kicking the ball into the English goal.

First time for me was early 60s, 2-0 Caldow and Wilson, returning home was like coming home from war, everybody hanging out their windows waving Scottish Flags.

Changed days, but I still want Scotland to win.

Can't see the English fans getting far too excited about this game and - their disregard for Scottish football will open a few of their eyes when they notice no Rangers players in the squad, and wonder why, then they will learn Rangers went bust last year and ended up in the lower leagues - that's how much they care about the game up here.