CEO salary £500K

I can accept us paying good money for the right people (although i've no idea whether Mather meets that criteria) and the Club running at a trading loss in the short term, but only if it's part of a well thought out business plan. The share prospectus outlined how the floatation cash was to be used (albeit in fairly vague terms) and I for one would like to know what proportion has been invested versus simply consumed as working capital.

To that end I'd like to see the annual accounts sooner rather than later (within 3 months of the financial year end) and I'd like them to be accompanied with some substantive details about the size of any monthly trading losses, the Club's plans to eliminate them and most crucially of all, an honest assessment of how much additional capital is required over the life time of that plan.

Over to you Messers Mather / Stockbridge. Time to start earning your money.

Maybe we give these people the time required for such actions? For it usually does not happen within a forthnight or the like. Once you get the half-year or yearly results - part of which were still done by Green, of course - you/we'll get a clearer picture. So far, we hardly know how successful they were and the "inexperienced/no-name/earns-too-much etc." mantras that have become vogue since Bain et al should remain where they belong. And that is not here. But some will not be happy even if players and staff work for free at Ibrox and put money into the club rather than taking wages ...

Maybe we give these people the time required for such actions? For it usually does not happen within a forthnight or the like. Once you get the half-year or yearly results - part of which were still done by Green, of course - you/we'll get a clearer picture. So far, we hardly know how successful they were and the "inexperienced/no-name/earns-too-much etc." mantras that have become vogue since Bain et al should remain where they belong. And that is not here. But some will not be happy even if players and staff work for free at Ibrox and put money into the club rather than taking wages ...

Most fans who invested in the initial floatation took a leap of faith based on emotion rather than informed financial analysis. However, if the board need to ask for additional capital any time soon, they'll find that fans will demand a track record of promises kept and a credible and transparent plan.

There would be fewer grumbles about salaries / share options / bonuses if there were fewer off the record briefings and more transparent progress updates.

Even scarier when you consider he will most likely have performance related bonuses if i remember correctly like CG had if we got promoted. So that will add few more £k's onto his pay packet no doubt.

Or maybe it's part of the restructuring and Mather won't be rewarding himself anywhere near the ridiculous 100% bonus Green reportedly had in his contract merely for achieving the inevitable.

Maybe but i would be very surprised if he didn't have some kind of bonus....pretty much the norm for senior managers.

True, but it depends on the percentage. A 100% bonus is absolute nonsense in any line of work.

If it's now a more sensible bonus in the region of 20% then he'll actually be getting paid significantly less than Green. Even 40% would still amount to a saving.