Requisition Of General Meeting - Paul Murray wants in

The club's detractors always try to put us in a bad light, one way or another. Why would the club feel obliged to let all and sundry know about the club's current state just because someone whips up negative rumours? The results will be out sooner or later anyway? Just saying.

Fans are worried about the finances. Easy way to appease concerns - publish audited accounts and have an open AGM.

When was the last time club met with supporters? Six months ago?

Why, won't he be using the correct corporate governance protocol, try asking your local Tesco to open their books.

I don't care about Tesco. I care about RFC and if the situation is as positive as he claims then the financials and an open AGM should be forthcoming.

Mather was well within his rights to call out McColl et al as they fucked about for long enough. But this isn't just about other bidders but the capitalisation of the club going forward.

Let's not hide from the difficult questions.

The club's detractors always try to put us in a bad light, one way or another. Why would the club feel obliged to let all and sundry know about the club's current state just because someone whips up negative rumours? The results will be out sooner or later anyway? Just saying.

A lot of people were of a similar stance to you when questions started being asked of Craig Whyte. Some people (guys like forlan who you argued this same type of point with) actually went so far as to predict quite early on that Whyte wouldn't even release the accounts before an insolvency event, in which case we would never see them. Now, this is not point scoring, but Forlan was proven right on that after you argued and argued about it and even accused him of scaremongering, being a "doom sayer" and similar type jibes. Am I right?

I don't care about Tesco. I care about RFC and if the situation is as positive as he claims then the financials and an open AGM should be forthcoming.

Mather was well within his rights to call out McColl et al as they fucked about for long enough. But this isn't just about other bidders but the capitalisation of the club going forward.

A fan is no more than a customer in real terms, any company that you were a fan/customer of would chase you if you asked for their books outwith normal procedure.

I don't recall Tesco's going through administration and a liquid process last year either. Our board should be transparent.

A fan is no more than a customer in real terms, any company that you were a fan/customer of would chase you if you asked for their books outwith normal procedure.

It's easy to think along the lines of "well fans probably give more money to Asda or Tesco in a year", but it's not just customers wanting to know what's going on here, it's shareholders.

Fortunately, we clearly have a sizeable chunk of our investors concerned as well.

Why would any fan not want the club not to be open? Greenco have been in charge now for over a year. Open the books and have an AGM. It's not much to ask...

When was the last time they met with supporters? Six months ago...?

A lot of people were of a similar stance to you when questions started being asked of Craig Whyte. Some people (guys like forlan who you argued this same type of point with) actually went so far as to predict quite early on that Whyte wouldn't even release the accounts before an insolvency event, in which case we would never see them. Now, this is not point scoring, but Forlan was proven right on that after you argued and argued about it and even accused him of scaremongering, being a "doom sayer" and similar type jibes. Am I right?

Scaremongering and doom-sayering he did. He was unfortunately proven right, but that was not really the point at the time of the debates. How can you determine the quality of some people's postings? More often than not it is second hand info that may or may not be true. After all, he's just a faceless chap with a keyboard. No insult intended to anyone. Which was always the point I made, not exactly siding per se with Whyte. Same goes with Mather, Green and Co. too.

What I am saying above is that scaremongers want to paint us black. Shall we react to any such rumour with published facts and figures?

The AGM is AFAIK not that far away either, when are the next financial results to be made public? Shouldn't be far off either? Which is what I am saying. Any bigger shareholder can look into the books, much like Prior did. He went rather quiet after the pot-shot at Stockbridge. Why's that the case then? Was he "spying" for McColl & Co. then?