Requisition Of General Meeting - Paul Murray wants in

Reading the Jackson article with the required scepticism raises a few questions about his sources, of course. E.g., how would he know that McColl backs Murray? How would he know that 29% of the shareholders are with McColl? How would he know that the largest institutional investors (who are?) back McColl? Has McColl his own private PR department leaking all the legal letters to Jackson and Co.? And once you read "is believed to", you get double-wary.

Just asking.

I left the thread on page 6 last night, 13 (!) pages followed (many tit-for-tat arguments pro and con Green, sadly), and we are not exactly much wiser. There is no doubt that if this is McColl's doing, the Bears will be behind him and anyone he puts forwards. For the sake of the club, let's hope that this all happens quickly and peacefully. I would assume the Hooped Horrors will be casting wary looks in our direction should McColl and Co. get their will.

Guest BigSwanley
Reading the Jackson article with the required scepticism raises a few questions about his sources, of course. E.g., how would he know that McColl backs Murray? How would he know that 29% of the shareholders are with McColl? How would he know that the largest institutional investors (who are?) back McColl? Has McColl his own private PR department leaking all the legal letters to Jackson and Co.? And once you read "is believed to", you get double-wary.

Just asking.

I left the thread on page 6 last night, 13 (!) pages followed (many tit-for-tat arguments pro and con Green, sadly), and we are not exactly much wiser. There is no doubt that if this is McColl's doing, the Bears will be behind him and anyone he puts forwards. For the sake of the club, let's hope that this all happens quickly and peacefully. I would assume the Hooped Horrors will be casting wary looks in our direction should McColl and Co. get their will.

Absolutely. I like the sound of this Blin guy, and the thought of him and McColl being involved stirs my loins.

Just asking.

i expect someone told them. probably mccoll.

Blin being added is only one element to this EGM.

By all means go off in a huff though.

I probably wouldn't have gone in the 'huff' had it not already been well past my bed time.

Your post was glib and inaccurate and after two threads of 10 plus pages each it was the final straw for me. Had you posted that it was potentially good news or that it contained aspects of good news I wouldn't have posted what I did. You later quantify your post and as such it makes more sense.

I can understand some being wary of Paul Murray, I'm not personally but I can see why some are. An argument could be made that his presence in this further muddies the water. But even then this still seems like more good news than bad to me.

how can one of scotlands richest men backing a bid with our 3 biggest institutional investors to put two incredibly highly qualified accountants on our board to investigate whats been going on with money and to ensure correct corporate governance possibly be anything other than positive?

Interesting indeed that the good guys have the institutional investers on side.

By all means support whichever 'side' you want but can I make a polite request we don't go down this 'good guys', 'bad guys' route, inevitably it'll just result in petty squabbling.