Requisition Of General Meeting - Paul Murray wants in

so telling us not to sell to whyte and launching a counter bid isn't enough. you needed to see a dossier that said whyte had no cash.

nice.

Why didn't they give their secret dossier to the relevant authorities i.e. The Takeover Panel, because they were shit scared of murray major and let whyte into the hen house.

Why didn't they give their secret dossier to the relevant authorities i.e. The Takeover Panel, because they were shit scared of murray major and let whyte into the hen house.

what would the takeover pannel done with the information that whyte didn't have any money?

nothing of course.

what do you imagine was in this dossier in may 2011?

what would the takeover pannel done with the information that whyte didn't have any money?

nothing of course.

what do you imagine was in this dossier in may 2011?

I think it was a convenient figment of someones imagination after the event, there again any man of honour would have resigned and made his resignation reasons public.

I think it was a convenient figment of someones imagination after the event, there again any man of honour would have resigned and made his resignation reasons public.

aj did that. though he didn't resign of course as that is what whyte wanted.

murray couldn't do much he was a rival bidder.

Mather's "statement":

He said: â??Rangers Football Club is a 141-year-old institution built for success and along with the Board of Directors, I am determined to conduct business with honour, dignity and integrity. The men who created this great club would expect no less.

â??During my time as a main investor and now as Chief Executive, I have learned about the club's rich history and proud traditions.

"So it is with deep regret that I find I must address the recent frenzy that has surrounded this great club.

"Again there are those attempting to bang down the doors simply because they feel they should be inside before any others and for no good reason other than self gain and arrogance.

"It doesn't matter to them that they have not invested or helped the club, or that they failed to make even a remotely credible attempt to save this fantastic club in its darkest hours.

"Not a single one of them stepped forward willing to invest their own money. Yet now they think they can waltz into the club.

"This club needs commitment and unity. It does not require the type of people who stood back and did nothing when Rangers were in trouble.

"Now, as Rangers has been climbing on to more solid ground and as the fans are heartened by what they've seen, these men emerge from the shadows with empty promises. They should be ashamed.

"It is surely no coincidence that they waited until the signs are positive and strong.

â??Ally McCoist has enjoyed a positive pre-season programme, we have added eight new players to the squad to get Rangers back to the top flight and more than 34,000 supporters have bought season tickets for the new campaign.

â??There was a positivity and excitement ahead of the new season and this was heightened by last weekend's victory and slick performance against Albion Rovers.

â??It is therefore disappointing that once again we are distracted by non-football matters that do nothing but destabilise this club.

â??Rangers fans are well aware that there have been various people trying to grab pieces of their club for years now and to force themselves into positions of power.

â??However, all they have ever done and continue to do is have a negative effect when I and the other directors are trying to focus totally on taking Rangers back to the pinnacle of Scottish football.

â??It is a difficult task and yet again we are seeing people attempting to make it impossible.

"But we will not be defeated, I certainly won't, and we will meet this latest ill-considered and ill-timed challenge head on.

â??Let me stress that I, as Chief Executive, a position I am privileged and honoured to hold, and all of the other directors are firmly behind Ally McCoist and his team as we embark on stage two of our journey

â??I urge all of our fans not to listen to rhetoric or empty promises and continue to support the manager and those of us who do genuinely have Rangers' best interests at heart.

â??Everyone is entitled to an opinion, including Charles Green. But what I want to make clear is this: Backing the manager and the playing staff in their quest to restore Rangers' fortunes is critical to our ambitions.

"That and resolving to stand firm against anyone who would drag Rangers down in their selfish desire to promote themselves.

"This great club is bigger and more important than any of them, or any other individual."

Insult to the intelligence of every Rangers fan. I don't claim to know any ins and outs but what load of absolute shite from start to finish.

He must think we zip up the back.

I am determined to conduct business with honour, dignity and integrity.

This statement shows none of those qualities.

Again there are those attempting to bang down the doors simply because they feel they should be inside before any others and for no good reason other than self gain and arrogance.

Or because they are fans with concerns who think they can do better? Childish name calling is really, really, honourable, dignified and full of integrity, right enough.

"It doesn't matter to them that they have not invested or helped the club, or that they failed to make even a remotely credible attempt to save this fantastic club in its darkest hours.

Here's news for you, Craig: I swithered many times before spending even £20 on tickets because I wasn't sure where it was going. If you think anyone sane is going to lob £££ at you and your pals until you prove yourselves on the level, you're living in a fantasy world.

Now, as Rangers has been climbing on to more solid ground and as the fans are heartened by what they've seen, these men emerge from the shadows with empty promises. They should be ashamed.

"It is surely no coincidence that they waited until the signs are positive and strong.

You're right! There have no issues of working capital running out at all. All is 'positive and strong'.

As a formerly kinda neutral, doesn't want to get involved kind of fan I can say Craig Mather can go fuck himself after that statement.

Edited by andy steel

Mather's "statement":

He said: “Rangers Football Club is a 141-year-old institution built for success and along with the Board of Directors, I am determined to conduct business with honour, dignity and integrity. The men who created this great club would expect no less.

“During my time as a main investor and now as Chief Executive, I have learned about the club's rich history and proud traditions.

"So it is with deep regret that I find I must address the recent frenzy that has surrounded this great club.

"Again there are those attempting to bang down the doors simply because they feel they should be inside before any others and for no good reason other than self gain and arrogance.

"Not a single one of them stepped forward willing to invest their own money. Yet now they think they can waltz into the club.

"This club needs commitment and unity. It does not require the type of people who stood back and did nothing when Rangers were in trouble.

"Now, as Rangers has been climbing on to more solid ground and as the fans are heartened by what they've seen, these men emerge from the shadows with empty promises. They should be ashamed.

“Ally McCoist has enjoyed a positive pre-season programme, we have added eight new players to the squad to get Rangers back to the top flight and more than 34,000 supporters have bought season tickets for the new campaign.

“There was a positivity and excitement ahead of the new season and this was heightened by last weekend's victory and slick performance against Albion Rovers.

“It is therefore disappointing that once again we are distracted by non-football matters that do nothing but destabilise this club.

“Rangers fans are well aware that there have been various people trying to grab pieces of their club for years now and to force themselves into positions of power.

“However, all they have ever done and continue to do is have a negative effect when I and the other directors are trying to focus totally on taking Rangers back to the pinnacle of Scottish football.

“It is a difficult task and yet again we are seeing people attempting to make it impossible.

"But we will not be defeated, I certainly won't, and we will meet this latest ill-considered and ill-timed challenge head on.

“Let me stress that I, as Chief Executive, a position I am privileged and honoured to hold, and all of the other directors are firmly behind Ally McCoist and his team as we embark on stage two of our journey

“I urge all of our fans not to listen to rhetoric or empty promises and continue to support the manager and those of us who do genuinely have Rangers' best interests at heart.

“Everyone is entitled to an opinion, including Charles Green. But what I want to make clear is this: Backing the manager and the playing staff in their quest to restore Rangers' fortunes is critical to our ambitions.

"That and resolving to stand firm against anyone who would drag Rangers down in their selfish desire to promote themselves.

"This great club is bigger and more important than any of them, or any other individual."

Insult to the intelligence of every Rangers fan. I don't claim to know any ins and outs but what load of absolute shite from start to finish.

He must think we zip up the back.

This statement shows none of those qualities.

Or because they are fans with concerns who think they can do better? Childish name calling is really, really, honourable, dignified and full of integrity, right enough.

Here's news for you, Craig: I swithered many times before spending even £20 on tickets because I wasn't sure where it was going. If you think anyone sane is going to lob £££ at you and your pals until you prove yourselves on the level, you're living in a fantasy world.

You're right! There have no issues of working capital running out at all. All is 'positive and strong'.

As a formerly kinda neutral, doesn't want to get involved kind of fan I can say Craig Mather can go fuck himself after that statement.

Crass and disgraceful hang your head in shame.

Who knows whether the working capital is running out? You? If so, how? All we have is second hand knowledge at best, and since every party tries his own luck at discrediting the other, I sure not believe all that comes out. For all we know, McColl and Murray and Co. have not invested in the club thus far, nor did they show their hand meaningfully when it was possible - D&P this or that. These are harsh words by our CEO, no doubt about that. But annoying it is, not least on the even of a rather important game.

NB: I'm not sure whether Rangers are required to present all these requisition info et al on the club's homepage though. Essentially, it is club or rather company interna stuff ...

If the garden is rosy then Mather will happily publish our financials and hold an AGM asap.

The club's detractors always try to put us in a bad light, one way or another. Why would the club feel obliged to let all and sundry know about the club's current state just because someone whips up negative rumours? The results will be out sooner or later anyway? Just saying.