We won't even last 2 more rounds of the Ramsden Cup with Ally in charge

Guest alfiebass

A good fair minded post. Personally I feel that there is a group of very vocal fans who want McCoist out no matter what he does. The Forfar result or any defeat between now and September was going to be used by them as a means of trying to get their way. I fear that they'll continue to fall for Green's sound bites and by the time they realise what's going on the cash will be out of the club and so will our best players.

Sorry, it is not just about Saturdays result - McCoists cup record (as manager) is woeful, he is tactally nieve, his team is not improving & continue to make the same mistakes & he appears unable to motivate the players

The young players who have broken through and ahown signs of promise jave not improved, in fact some have gone backwards.

Ally McCoist is a Rangers legend, but is not the man to take us foward as Rangrs manager.

Cammy F

What did you expect on Saturday from the same group of players that played last season. It was hit or miss then too, nothing has changed.

That's the exact reason why its time for McCoist to walk....

The excuse last season was initially the lack of players, and pre-season, young & inexperienced team etc - valid excuses at the time. However 12 months on and a full pre-season, the team & style of play hasn't changed one bit. New signings or not, we should have enough about us to beat Forfar!!!

What happens when we can play the new signings and we still turn in the same level of performance??? Still grind out 0-0 draws & last minute 1-0 wins against inferior, part time teams....what will be the excuse then???

Just what we need, another 'prophet of doom' thread filled with knee-jerk reactions to the same old same old.

What did you expect on Saturday from the same group of players that played last season. It was hit or miss then too, nothing has changed.

We all know we have a month to get through before we see anything of our new players.

Just maybe during the pre-season games we should have stuck with last years squad instead of show-boating the latest editions.

I had hope that this group of players had learned something but alas no, so, no real surprise.

The apprehension was there for all to see in Ally's team sheet starting with the 'dreaded' RB position filled by Hegarty (untried in the pre-season) why no McAusland who has performed well @ RB & in MF. Mitchell returning from pre-season injured, again untested.

McCulloch made a blunder @ the back, wind or no wind, when he should have been up-front with Little, considering their combined goal tally last season. Young Gasparotto has performed admirably @ the back & needs the exposure. In truth, there wasn't a lot of choice. The 11 on the field + the 5 subs is all there is to choose from, get over it.

The aim this year is still to win the league, any thoughts of Cup glory should be no more than that, a passing thought.

Ally's hands are still tied, and, still shackled to the SFA's 'embargo', give him a break.

Lets stick to the football instead of every 'Laptop Loyal', blogger, & the 'so called' Scottish journalists looking for a Pulitzer Prize as a political correspondent. Leave the boardroom antics where it belongs, in the boardroom & don't encourage the 'Mhedia'

..................cause I'm sick of their shite.

Blinkyman (or is it Blinkered Man?) - are you for real? McCoist and Durrant both said "give us a close season with the team, which we didn't have last season and we will have them playing. No excuses." Well boys?

You then go on to negate your own point (of why the result is not down to Ally) by citing umpteen errors of judgement that he has made. I'm not anti-McCoist. I'm against watching our Club look as if it's on its last legs on and off the park. McCoist, Durrant and McDowall don't inspire the players - full stop. They don't inspire me to be honest. They look like an advert for how not to live your life. I'm not being bitchy by saying that. They should be leading by example. They have brought in Jim Henry to show the players he wont tolerate lack of fitness. Yet they must look at the three amigos and think "why don't you three make an effort to represent this Club the right way?".

We have young players who are hungry to play but the hunger is missing. Why is that we must ask? Young players don't give a flying fuck what is going on in the boardroom if the mood is right on the training ground and they are being lead properly. I'm grabbing a name out of the air here - but let's say you brought in a manager who knew how to get players to play for him, e.g. Gus Poyet (not that it would happen but just an example of someone currently out of a job) and an assistant who knew the Club e.g. Artur Numan (who incidentally had the Dutch under 21s running like a well oiled machine, beating all in their wake), I will bet my house on the fact that the players on the park would up their game tenfold regardless of what was happening in the boardroom.

It's not just that the young players are being poorly coached (to go by appearances) - they're actively being held back.

McKay came into the team in the autumn sunshine and looked like a real find. Three months or so with the first team and he looked not much better than ordinary. MacLeod I give you, but he's the only one to maintain any sort of level.

What happens when we can play the new signings and we still turn in the same level of performance??? Still grind out 0-0 draws & last minute 1-0 wins against inferior, part time teams....what will be the excuse then???[/quote

So you didn't see them play & win 4:0 in Livingston then?

What happens when we can play the new signings and we still turn in the same level of performance??? Still grind out 0-0 draws & last minute 1-0 wins against inferior, part time teams....what will be the excuse then???

So you didn't see them play & win 4:0 in Livingston then?

Last season there was also the odd game where the team put in a good performance, and the fans started thinking we were turning a corner.....just to be hit with a dead end. It'll be the same this year - is it too much to ask for a reverse of that - decent performances, with the odd below par one???

Blinkyman (or is it Blinkered Man?) - are you for real? McCoist and Durrant both said "give us a close season with the team, which we didn't have last season and we will have them playing. No excuses." Well boys?

You then go on to negate your own point (of why the result is not down to Ally) by citing umpteen errors of judgement that he has made. I'm not anti-McCoist. I'm against watching our Club look as if it's on its last legs on and off the park. McCoist, Durrant and McDowall don't inspire the players - full stop. They don't inspire me to be honest. They look like an advert for how not to live your life. I'm not being bitchy by saying that. They should be leading by example. They have brought in Jim Henry to show the players he wont tolerate lack of fitness. Yet they must look at the three amigos and think "why don't you three make an effort to represent this Club the right way?".

We have young players who are hungry to play but the hunger is missing. Why is that we must ask? Young players don't give a flying fuck what is going on in the boardroom if the mood is right on the training ground and they are being lead properly. I'm grabbing a name out of the air here - but let's say you brought in a manager who knew how to get players to play for him, e.g. Gus Poyet (not that it would happen but just an example of someone currently out of a job) and an assistant who knew the Club e.g. Artur Numan (who incidentally had the Dutch under 21s running like a well oiled machine, beating all in their wake), I will bet my house on the fact that the players on the park would up their game tenfold regardless of what was happening in the boardroom.

Yes I'm for real.

Were you baying for new signings of CB's, MF, FW's, GK's etc ?

Did you get them? Yes.

Did they play & win in the pre-season? Yes.

Did they play on Saturday? No.

..........."Ally's hands are still tied, and, still shackled to the SFA's 'embargo', give him a break."

Do you think I am inspired? No. Would my picks have made a difference, maybe, maybe not. On any given day that's football.

I can tell the difference when the new found talent plays & when the team, half full of young boys from last year, plays.

I'm under no illusion that I'm going to see much change before October or November.

It is this impetuous need for instant gratification (despite the 'reality' that the new found talent can't play) that .....

"Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it." ... win that is.

The "same old, same old" that for the sake of change some 'Blue knight' is coming around the mountain or over the hill leading your 'new found' three amigos (all at a discount no doubt) to bring us instant glory each week, that we won't be beat? They are not perfect, they are human, they are what we have at the moment. That's football.

Ally & his two amigos have been the only constant since our 'troubles' began. The squad we are using at the moment has actually reduced in size, fact. Given time & a level playing field, I might just agree with you.

But, in the political climate hanging over Ibrox do you think a change of coach at this stage is wise?

Be careful what you wish for..............

It's not just that the young players are being poorly coached (to go by appearances) - they're actively being held back.

McKay came into the team in the autumn sunshine and looked like a real find. Three months or so with the first team and he looked not much better than ordinary. MacLeod I give you, but he's the only one to maintain any sort of level.

Were they not both injured, requiring surgery and extensive rehab?

Not to mention young & inconsistent. Lets not confuse fantasy with fact.