would have been a pr mistake not to agree.

So better possibly seeing the club lose money (if we believe the current regime will cost us more money.....) than a PR mistake ?

Maybe it really is just what it seems to be...... A logical conclusion

THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

IBROX STADIUM

150 EDMISTON DRIVE

GLASGOW

G51 2XD

Company No. SC425159

Accounting Reference Date: 30/06

Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2014

RANGERS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB PLC

IBROX STADIUM

150 EDMISTON DRIVE

GLASGOW

UNITED KINGDOM

G51 2XD

Company No. SC437060

Accounting Reference Date: 30/11

Next Accounts Due: 16/05/2014

And you would be incorrect.

The requirement is for there to be an AGM within6 months of the year end, with OR without financial statements.

AGM's do not necessarily approve financials although it is accepted as norm.

Your above statement has the financials determining the AGM and that is incorrect under Company Law

And you would be incorrect.

The requirement is for there to be an AGM within6 months of the year end, with OR without financial statements.

AGM's do not necessarily approve financials although it is accepted as norm.

Your above statement has the financials determining the AGM and that is incorrect under Company Law

I was under the impression that the situation with our financial & AGM due dates would be abnormal due to both companies having been newly incorporated last year.

On a normal company year the requirement would be within 6 months of the year end as you say, but for newly incorporated companies the initial requirement is 18 months from the incorporation date. That's why the Accounts due date in the Companies House details I posted for the holding company RIFC PLC isn't until 16/05/2014 because that's 18 months after the PLC was incorporated last November.

Anyway, it's not as if anything is normal for our Club at the moment, but as you say, it is accepted as the norm for the audited accounts to come before an AGM.

Every penny should be a prisoner, last year should have taught us that.

The AGM can resolve this matter the same way the EGM can

Whoever wrong that piece of condescending shit of a statement should be a fucking prisoner. I couldn't work out why I was getting more and more angry as I read through it. I then realised that it was because it was someone trying to take me for a fool, and doing it in such a god awful manner that they think I'm not only a fool but an absolute fecking idiot. It was like watching those politicians just before a general election telling you how they will save you a fiver a week on the price of some shitty little commodity while raising your taxes by £400 a year - like you are thick!

I can't stand anyone telling me that they should be considered 'good' because they have have proof that the 'opposition' are 'bad'. Again like the worst politicians, but even worse it's a tactic often used by those at Breezeblock Boulevard.

One of the worst statements I've ever seen coming out of my Club. No its the worst in fact. Utterly horrible and completely devoid of Rangers class. Fuck am I annoyed by that shit? Does that even look remotely close to a mob looking to find unity and solidarity behind the great Rangers name that issues a statement like that for public consumption?

It reads like an internal company tit-for-tat email. I actually thought Mather could potentially be OK but if he is behind a statement like that he has no grasp of what being a Rangers Man even stands for.

Am I too old school? Are there younger posters than me who find this OK? I'm sad but interested. because I'm not saying I'm right

Edited by Anchorman

Yes, absolutely dreadful statement. Sounds like it's written by someone (Mather?) who is all about me, me, me.

It highlights the lack of talent on the board.

What stands out for me is that it is supposed to be a statement from a party willing to negotiate, but it's written in such a 'them' and 'us' style its either telling us (a) the incumbent board are setting up for a fight, or (b) today's corporate world have no time for teaching the art of negotiation skills, or communication through diplomacy i.e. lack of talent as you say.

I fear that (b) is the case which is why I feel it is such an amateur statement. The only way it could be (a) is if a large part of their statement is lies i.e. they are ready to compromise.

Whoever wrong that piece of condescending shit of a statement should be a fucking prisoner. I couldn't work out why I was getting more and more angry as I read through it. I then realised that it was because it was someone trying to take me for a fool, and doing it in such a god awful manner that they think I'm not only a fool but an absolute fecking idiot. It was like watching those politicians just before a general election telling you how they will save you a fiver a week on the price of some shitty little commodity while raising your taxes by £400 a year - like you are thick!

I can't stand anyone telling me that they should be considered 'good' because they have have proof that the 'opposition' are 'bad'. Again like the worst politicians, but even worse it's a tactic often used by those at Breezeblock Boulevard.

One of the worst statements I've ever seen coming out of my Club. No its the worst in fact. Utterly horrible and completely devoid of Rangers class. Fuck am I annoyed by that shit? Does that even look remotely close to a mob looking to find unity and solidarity behind the great Rangers name that issues a statement like that for public consumption?

It reads like an internal company tit-for-tat email. I actually thought Mather could potentially be OK but if he is behind a statement like that he has no grasp of what being a Rangers Man even stands for.

Am I too old school? Are there younger posters than me who find this OK? I'm sad but interested. because I'm not saying I'm right

It is a totally unprofessional and quite appalling statement, unbefitting a Club of Rangers stature.

If it was written by Mather about himslef/the Board, then it demonstrates as clearly as anything else the need for a new CEO. As an exercise in self agrandisement it is hard to imagine anything worse. But slagging off the Requisitioners by implication (when they are obviously in a strong position) is hardly the stuff of compromise; or perhaps it's just a battle to the finish now.

I suspect that Mather wrote it and then Traynor added his magic touch to make it worse, or perhaps vice versa.

Where the Board have been quite clever is playing the cost of the EGM card and although the figures may well be exaggerated (and don't forget the printing and postage as well as a suitable venue, if the main stand isn't big enough, which I doubt); it would indeed have been a PR disaster for McCollCo to refuse.

I think the Board will use the time to try to find other suitable candidates, especially a new Chair (they may be happy [compelled] to accept Blin as a director but not walking straight in as Chair) and then they will go to the EGM/AGM and say, we HAVE a balanced Board now so why all these other changes.

There's no way they're conning me with the avoid an EGM and roll it into the AGM to save a few quid nonsense after they've spent around £20m raised in an IPO that was only 7 months ago and also spent a massive amount of that money extremely recklessly considering the club's position.

The notion that Green & Co are all of a sudden getting prudent with the club's money when they've been burning through it like spending was going out of fashion is ridiculous and actually extremely condescending to the supporters.

Green & co and their men on the board clearly want to stall for time. Whether they're stalling just to keep up appearances and keep their share prices high while they try to sell at a high price and get out of dodge or whether they're trying to win over some votes ahead of a general meeting through the promise of a membership scheme for the fans and stuff like that is unclear, but I just don't see how they can possibly be trusted.