I'm sitting in Oslo Airport and who do I see,yip the famous Claudio Reyna!:) , never had time to chat as such but I did shake his hand and tell him I'm a massive Rangers fan, all his reply was AWSOME!

:rfcbouncy:

Until recently he was the USSF US Youth Soccer Technical Director.

But I must say I had missed this in May:

Manchester City have announced former player Claudio Reyna as director of football for their New MLS team.

Former City midfielder Reyna will take on the role for New York City FC, the MLS franchise bought by the deposed Premier League champions in partnership with the New York Yankees baseball team.

Former US international Reyna, who played for City under Kevin Keegan, said: "Having had the privilege of playing both for my country in the US and Manchester City in England, I could not have hoped for a more tailor-made opportunity in soccer.

"I'm incredibly excited to again wear City's sky blue as part of the expansion of the MLS and the growth of soccer in the US.

"With a large fan base through the New York area, prime television rights and distribution, sponsorship commitments and the Yankees as a US partner, the New York City Football Club has everything in place to succeed."

City chief executive Ferran Soriano said: "finding the right person for the role and getting him in place from the start was a priority.

New York City FC name Claudio Reyna director of football operations

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/05/22/new-york-city-fc-name-claudio-reyna-director-football-operations

Pity he didn't think to mention Rangers; but then New York Rangers (ice hockey) is already taken!

He was a cracking midfielder. Think we got him for about £1 million. An absolute bargain.

Bit more than that actually.

On April 1, 1999, Rangers paid $826,400 to Wolfsburg and $2.76 million to Leverkusen for Reyna
(Wikipedia)

Sold for £4,000,000 so a modest profit.

An excellent MF player who nonethless couldn't get a game in the Rangers midfield of the day (and neither could Tugay) that featured Barry Ferguson, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, sometimes Jorge Albertz and Ronald de Boer.

Reyna spent most of his time at RB.

When Charles Green was globetrotting to sell the IPO to fans around the world he apparently told Bears at one of the meetings in North America that he was going to be hiring Claudio Reyna as a club ambassador or something along those lines. I think it was one of his slightly untruthful moments if I'm honest.

Edited by Zappa

Bit more than that actually.

(Wikipedia)

Sold for £4,000,000 so a modest profit.

An excellent MF player who nonethless couldn't get a game in the Rangers midfield of the day (and neither could Tugay) that featured Barry Ferguson, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, sometimes Jorge Albertz and Ronald de Boer.

Reyna spent most of his time at RB.

Weeping at that list. Gascoigne and Laudrup were most favourites but as a unit that midfield was probably the best in our history...and you can throw in McCann on the left Kanchelskis on the right if you want to add width. Bar Mols' injury we'd have went far in the CL.

Tugay made Brad Friedel's all time XI from the players he has played with, he rated him that good, and some of the names he left out were brilliant.

Weeping at that list. Gascoigne and Laudrup were most favourites but as a unit that midfield was probably the best in our history...and you can throw in McCann on the left Kanchelskis on the right if you want to add width. Bar Mols' injury we'd have went far in the CL.

Tugay made Brad Friedel's all time XI from the players he has played with, he rated him that good, and some of the names he left out were brilliant.

And Tugay was about 6th or 7th on our list of midfielders at the time, what a team we had then.

When Charles Green was globetrotting to sell the IPO to fans around the world he apparently told Bears at one of the meetings in North America that he was going to be hiring Claudio Reyna as a club ambassador or something along those lines. I think it was one of his slightly untruthful moments if I'm honest.

Slight exaggeration perhaps :D