Guys,

I've been offline for a few days so apologies for my lack of contribution to recent issues. However, in my absence, I've noticed a few things being suggested/inferred/alleged about various people.

Thus, a few points of order:

1. While we're happy to discuss any issue and/or protagonist in this farce, please avoid direct accusations of illegal behaviour which (at this stage at least) none of us can prove. Keep criticism constructive and fair!

2. While other forums and websites may wish to indulge their membership in terms of embarrassing us all by attacking, abusing and insulting each other, Gersnet will not stand for it. Stay civil and remember we're all Rangers fans here!

3. If you have any solid information which may clarify any specific issues with regard to various issues at Rangers FC (or elsewhere) please contact the club and/or Police Scotland rather than make unsubstantiated allegations (however understandable) on this website. I can't afford legal action!

Thanks for your attention and understanding.

Have fun!

Don't act all innocent! :fish:

Other than the comical stramash, which perversely I'm starting to enjoy, I haven't noticed anything illegal that would bring GN into disrepute?

The whole infighting thing is epic cringe stuff but hilarious when you sit back and read whole threads. When you really think about it, has people made personalities bigger than the club? Mark and Chris get more forum time than any player or director. Throw in other writers and websites and I can't recall a proper sustained debate on players, tactics etc. football seems more like a sideshow or an inconvenience at the moment.

Other than the comical stramash, which perversely I'm starting to enjoy, I haven't noticed anything illegal that would bring GN into disrepute?

The whole infighting thing is epic cringe stuff but hilarious when you sit back and read whole threads. When you really think about it, has people made personalities bigger than the club? Mark and Chris get more forum time than any player or director. Throw in other writers and websites and I can't recall a proper sustained debate on players, tactics etc. football seems more like a sideshow or an inconvenience at the moment.

It's a really sad state of affairs. The forum war between FF & RM/VB will never go away unfortunately because there's just too many people who won't let it be and move on for the good of the Club, but the personal stuff regarding bloggers etc is getting out of hand. I had to hold my tongue in recent days when even Frankie who is a complete fence-sitter and tries his best to remain neutral was being spoken of badly. We really do have some dullards in our support.

Edited by Zappa

It's a really sad state of affairs. The forum war between FF & RM/VB will never go away unfortunately because there's just too many people who won't let it be and move on for the good of the Club, but the personal stuff regarding bloggers etc is getting out of hand. I had to hold my tongue in recent days when even Frankie who is a complete fence-sitter and tries his best to remain neutral was being spoken of badly. We really do have some dullards in our support.

Expect a letter from Frankies lawyer. Fence sitter you say.......

The GN downtime of a couple of weeks ago forced me, and probably one or two others, to go elsewhere temporarily for our daily 'fix' of things Rangers.

I shall simply quote Joni:

" Don't it always seem to go,

that you don't know what you've got til its gone"

This is a special place and we should never forget it.

And in that spirit, apologies to StB, D'Artagnan, Rangerrab, superCooper and any others to whom I was disrespectful.

I will try harder in future to keep a less sarcastic and belligerent tongue in my head.

What have I missed? Sounds controversial.:)

Haha - nothing controversial; just attempting to head off any issues at the pass. ;)

FWIW, I know you're not really being all that serious but I don't find any of the inter site crap funny in the slightest. It's a damning reflection on us as a support that we seen to have (and/or allow) each other to slag folk off on a daily basis. There's no need for it at all and I'm stunned that so many seem to hang on the word of a vocal few.

There's nothing wrong with criticism of course (and that may prove controversial from time to time) but when it's accompanied by personal abuse and petty insults then it is the opposite of helpful.

I think we all need to look in the mirror in that respect - it's certainly no wonder we get taken for mugs time after time when we can't sort out own sh!t out behind closed doors.