Impulsive McCoist compiling portfolio of howlers

Glen Gibbons:

Ally McCoist’s claim to have as formidable a squad of players as any club in the country outside champions Celtic would do nothing to dispel the impression that his tongue these days is quicker than his wits.

The words had hardly left the Rangers manager’s lips when his side were beaten 3-1 at home in a closed-doors friendly by Hibernian, who could not reasonably be described as the galacticos of the SPFL’s Premiership.

The former striker’s readiness with the impulsive, unconsidered response may be rooted in his history as a media-friendly figure. He has, after all, been what is known these days as the go-to personality for the telling quote for as long as anyone (including himself) can remember. It is possible that McCoist has become so practised in the art of filling space that he cannot break the habit.

Even so, he has been steadily compiling what might be called a portfolio of outbursts, some of them grossly ill-advised and even dangerous. McCoist’s errant views began at Dunfermline two years ago when, without having seen the incident, he insisted that Steven Naismith could not be guilty of elbowing Austin McCann because “he’s not that type of lad”. Naismith, of course, was caught on camera and suspended.

There followed the infamous “we want to know who these people are” demand in the wake of the review panel who sat to consider Rangers’ rules breaches in the wake of their entering administration.

A similar noise was made over the question of Rangers being fined for their indiscretions while Hearts and Dunfermline were not. On both occasions, the SFA revealed that McCoist (and, in the latter case, his chief executive, Craig Mather) already knew the answers.

Perhaps most seriously of all, McCoist declared himself “appalled” by the arson attack on the bus depot which housed Rangers’ new luxury coach, clearly implying that it had been carried out by rival football fans. The subsequent police investigation disclosed that the crime was not related to football.

If these previous retorts are a measure of his judgment, there is unlikely to be a stampede of punters desperate to plunge on Rangers for the only “major” left to them, the Scottish Cup.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/glenn-gibbons-scots-send-in-the-clowns-1-3081141

Is this not a parody article? Surely/

Perhaps most seriously of all, McCoist declared himself “appalled” by the arson attack on the bus depot which housed Rangers’ new luxury coach, clearly implying that it had been carried out by rival football fans. The subsequent police investigation disclosed that the crime was not related to football.

I mean i'm no Ally (the manager) fan but come away to fuck!

"It saddens me. It really does.

“I think it’s pathetic that people would go to these extremes.

“It sounds like a premeditated attack on Rangers’ bus and I’m gutted about it but thankfully nobody’s been killed"

I fail to see how the above quote by Ally McCoist clearly implies he is of the view it was carried out by rival fans. He should be looking to take legal action, absolutely outrageous.

When I can get proper sleep I'll write a detailed complaint to this nonsense.

I would put this down as a parody article. The type you sometimes see on the likes of the Herald and Telegraph sites but the first part of the story shows this rabid Declan isn't joking

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

For a decade, Spiers lionised Glenn Gibbons in his Sports Diaries in both Scotland on Sunday and the Herald. 'The Great Gibbo' was portrayed as fearless and uncompromising. It was hero worship at best, another form of latent homosexuality expression by the Bhoy in Corduroy at worst.

Gibbons has evolved into a hate-filled primate.

Emailed them just now

Hi

I wish to complain with reference to the below article:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/glenn-gibbons-scots-send-in-the-clowns-1-3081141

To use language your esteemed 'journalist' may be familiar with, I wish to 'seek clarification' regarding the general distasteful and hate filled tone, plus general bias. It is apparently clear that this particular 'journalist' has an agenda here.

The 'journalist' (I feel I have to continue inserting the term in this manner due to the sheer vulgarity and incompetence of the man) suddenly goes off at a tangent in the 2nd part of his article.

A repulsive diatribe on Rangers FC and the manager Ally McCoist ensues with a good 7 or 8 different points randomly attacked for no apparent reason in a vindictive and ill found manner. There appears to be no logical flow and it just looks like the 'journalist' is intent on making as many attacks on Rangers FC as possible in the space of one 'article'.

Surely any article appearing on The Scotsman, whether they be factual news gatherings or opinion pieces should be built on some foundation of factual bearing and intellectual basis?

You would be forbidden for pondering whether the 'journalist' at question had had one too many glasses of buckfast and posted his drunken, horrific rant on the Scotsman website as opposed to his favourite team's forum(s).

I would be particularly interested in finding out what basis the below comment was based on. There seems to be quite a call of personal judgement here, possibly a disregard to the relevant facts?

"Perhaps most seriously of all, McCoist declared himself “appalled” by the arson attack on the bus depot which housed Rangers’ new luxury coach, clearly implying that it had been carried out by rival football fans."

How does this 'clearly' imply anything? Quite a serious allegation here that many people will be raising with the relevant authorities.

Does the Scotsman just bypass quality control nowadays?

Regards