I'm interested to know whether or not I'm in a minority of one on this.

Spence, despite being a wretch, claims to have been hassled in the street while out walking with his wife. I'd like the club to officially deplore such incidents because this way we not only (hopefully) deter the more aggressive fan from causing trouble but keep the focus on the journalist, not us. Aside from which, depending on how heavy the hassle was, its not really on either.

I suppose this could be seen as a bit grovelly but we really need to up our political game because atm we are outsmarted every time. Yes, journalists, managers and players have been hassled by fans for decades without feeling the need to call (a) the police and (b) the papers but in the publicity war we are losing, heavily.

'Yes' to a statement or apoplectic 'get stuffed you handwringer'?

We're incredibly weak at the moment both politically and in the area of leadership this won't change until we have a structure in place in which our executive put the interests of the club above those of themselves our enemies know this and will continue to exploit it at every opportunity.

Spence said what he did to get a reaction of that there can be no doubt, I expect other members of the Rangers hating fraternity to continue doing so, they're still smarting from the BBC Trust rapping their knuckles and will stoop as low as they have to go in order to get the BBC Trust to issue findings that suits their agenda.