Sandy Easdale appointed a director of the football club

I don't understand the problems with the Easdales. Much of it is unproven speculation as far as I'm concerned.

One of their own family members is on FF and has been very clear and consistent all summer in saying that these two brothers should be nowhere near our boardroom. Of course, it could easily just be a family member with a grudge against them, but I'm more inclined to think that they have good knowledge about some of the things the brothers have been up to and/or involved in over the years and simply don't want them anywhere near our club. Today's post from said family member 'trueblue4' -

As an Easdale myself I am disgusted by this, I have been saying on this forum for months that they're end game is to have Jim in as chairman with Sandy coming onto the board in some capacity, I believe under the SFA rules he his now able to be a fit and proper person to join the board. Same as Dave King would be. IMOP

Where they get their funding from to take the club forward is anyone's guess, they have just sold their depot in Dumbarton and they're bus fares and taxi fares all went up at the beginning of the week, this could enable them to buy more shares, probably not a lot but every share they get is one more than an honest upstanding Rangers supporter.

The point here IMHO is that whatever his past may be, he and his brother are AFAIK "local" Bears and have been for years. They have invested in the club and said that they will continue to invest in the club. He's bought out Green, so that chancer will be gone. From what I gather, he's here for the long run and not to make quick/easy money. Whether that is right or wrong will the future tell us.

Oh there's a surprise.

I don't understand the problems with the Easdales. Much of it is unproven speculation as far as I'm concerned. To me they're a couple of bluenoses living their dream of being Rangers directors. What I would is that they're nowhere near gaining control of the club and are extremely unlikely to do so.

A club almost destroyed through tax problems. With a long line of tax dodging chancers ripping the club apart. We start to rebuild and in comes someone actually convicted of large scale tax fraud.

I really despair at some of our fans.

Sandy Easdale has been appointed as a director of The Rangers Football Club Limited (formerly Sevco Scotland Limited).

He has not (yet?) been appointed to the listed holding company.

The directors of the company with the football club licence are therefore Mather, Stockbridge, J Easdale and S Easdale.

The appointment form was lodged on Friday the 13th.

nightmare on easdale st more like :(

One of their own family members is on FF and has been very clear and consistent all summer in saying that these two brothers should be nowhere near our boardroom. Of course, it could easily just be a family member with a grudge against them, but I'm more inclined to think that they have good knowledge about some of the things the brothers have been up to and/or involved in over the years and simply don't want them anywhere near our club. Today's post from said family member 'trueblue4' -

whilst they certainly should be nowhere near our club, what makes you think this is remotely legit? How do you know they are who they say they are?

whilst they certainly should be nowhere near our club, what makes you think this is remotely legit? How do you know they are who they say they are?

I haven't tried to verify it, but I'm normally a good judge of character and I'm 99% certain from what I've read from the poster, that he/she is indeed a relation of the Easdales. They've been a forum member for 18 months and mentioned on numerous occasions over the past 3 to 4 months that they are related to James & Sandy Easdale as a cousin. The person claims that 'Jim' & Sandy aren't Rangers fans and that if they supported a team it was Morton. Also claims that his own younger brother, who died in 2010 was the only Jim Easdale in their whole family who was a Rangers fan. The poster has also offered to verify his claim of being related and I believe that will have been done or he wouldn't be permitted to keep saying what he has been saying.

The question that apart from Jim McColl himself, no one knows the answer to is when he wanted to get shot of Mather, Stockbrige and Smart from the board, why did he accept that James Easdale should remain? Wish someone with access to Mr McColl could find out. His position seems very strange, if the negative stories about the Easdales are true. It just seems unlikely that he would put his judgement at risk. Mind you, there are many very strange things, happening at board room level of our club.