Keith Jackson: Rangers fans will have to decide..............

How much would be nice? Who underwrites it? Where would the money go? What assurances would he give that another issue wouldn't be needed the following year? How do we fund the club going forward?

Clearly, we don't need the minutiae of every single little issue but, IMHO, the more open and positive they are about their plans and the changes they'd bring, the better their chances of success at any vote.

Murray himself says there's around 40% of the investors 'floating' on this. I think it may be less than that but better safe than sorry.

Finally, I'd imagine Murray and plenty bears thought they had our default support when the newco was for sale last year. I think they were lazy then and I don't want them to repeat their mistake (leaving aside any D&P/BDO stuff).

Based on comments I got from someone not a million miles from this stushie, I think that McColl may have around 40% of the votes. There is, however, concern in the McColl camp as to just how many votes the Easdales command and which way they will vote. If, indeed, they have the 20% of votes that they claim to have then it could be a very close run thing.

There would seem to be a decent amount of activity going on behind the scenes and it is not just McColl and Paul Murray who are involved. There are some well-connected corporate Bears who are making a few phone calls, sending an email here or there and gathering the odd CV. So I would not be surprised to see some new names appearing on the next week or so.

In my view, gaining the vote of the supporter-shareholders could be key. Obviously, it would be a great opportunity for someone like the RST to get one of their guys on the Board. But if handled right, it could also be a tremendous PR coup for the McColl camp and go a long way to harvesting the approximately 12% of votes held by the support.

Based on comments I got from someone not a million miles from this stushie, I think that McColl may have around 40% of the votes. There is, however, concern in the McColl camp as to just how many votes the Easdales command and which way they will vote. If, indeed, they have the 20% of votes that they claim to have then it could be a very close run thing.

There would seem to be a decent amount of activity going on behind the scenes and it is not just McColl and Paul Murray who are involved. There are some well-connected corporate Bears who are making a few phone calls, sending an email here or there and gathering the odd CV. So I would not be surprised to see some new names appearing on the next week or so.

In my view, gaining the vote of the supporter-shareholders could be key. Obviously, it would be a great opportunity for someone like the RST to get one of their guys on the Board. But if handled right, it could also be a tremendous PR coup for the McColl camp and go a long way to harvesting the approximately 12% of votes held by the support.

Yeah, FWIW, I'm aware of some of the details but the point I'm making is that the majority of fans are not. That has to change.

I guess it will all be about the timing now. We may just have to be patient...

I'm not convinced about either of these points Frankie. Keep in mind that Malcolm Murray was ousted from the board well over 2 months ago. Prior to that we can go way back to the end of May when Green was supposed to be officially leaving and as a parting gift on May 29th Green was trying to oust Malcolm Murray for the 3rd time as well as having Phil Cartmell removed and Easdale & Morgan appointed.

Also keep in mind that stories being leaked from the Murray/Cartmell/Walter side of the boardroom battle back then in May (and in previous months!) were suggesting that they hadn't being getting proper access to the Club's financial status or sight of how much IPO money was actually left at that point.

It's possible that this was the REAL problem between Green & Malcolm Murray: Murray was asking awkward questions and demanding proper governance and transparency, so he became a problem for Green & co for those reasons rather than his drinking.

Bottom line though, is that I doubt very much if Malcolm Murray knew the true state of the Club's finances even back in May, never mind in July when he was finally removed, so to say that McColl & co "will have more than a fair idea of where the club sits financially" is probably wide of the mark. One of the major factors in having proposed Frank Blin be appointed as a director will have been specifically to get to the bottom of that question; where the club sits financially.

IMHO, you don't make claims about the club running out of money in conjunction with EGM requisitions if you don't have a fair idea of the overall situation. Sure, they may not know everything down to the last penny or some of the outsourced contract details but I'm confident we'd not be in this position if these guys didn't have an accurate enough appraisal of the finances.

On the subject of Toxic Jack came across these retweets on my timeline

Meeja Hoose ‏@MeejaHoose 15 Sep

@JackIrvine Did Mather's PA/Green's bird get sacked to cover the real source? #askToxicJack

Details

Meeja Hoose ‏@MeejaHoose 15 Sep

@JackIrvine @CharlotteFakes Why did CF stop writing about you and start getting much more recent RFC content? #CharlotteFakes #askToxicJack

Details

Interesting but helpful or not?

IMHO, you don't make claims about the club running out of money in conjunction with EGM requisitions if you don't have a fair idea of the overall situation. Sure, they may not know everything down to the last penny or some of the outsourced contract details but I'm confident we'd not be in this position if these guys didn't have an accurate enough appraisal of the finances.

Personally, I think it is highly likely that the club will be coming back to the capital markets for more money in the next year or so. How soon that will be will depend on the state of the accounts when we finally see them. But I think that even the club have admitted they are going to need more capital.

So then you have a very simple question. Is there sufficient confidence in the current Board and management that investors will be willing to stump up more cash when asked? And if that answer is no then we have a real problem. Because no more cash may lead to all sorts of extremely undesirable consequences.

Not sure if they're helpful but I can't see them being unhelpful either much in the same vein as the Charlotte Hunted stuff I suppose.

I just thought some of this was better kept under wraps but there will be better minds than my own working on this hopefully... :whistle: