Keith Jackson: Rangers fans will have to decide..............

i am not overly sure what detail people expect. the reaquisitioners have not seen the books.

Clearly, McCollco will have more than a fair idea of where the club sits financially - especially when we consider the influence of Malcolm Murray within their grouping.

It's up to them to win the hearts and minds of the support if they feel our 11% is important when it comes to any AGM resolutions. So far, while I'd wage most fans have sympathy in terms of distrusting the current board, I'd also contend that the same fans will be eager to hear what McCollco would do differently. That's the detail we want.

Former Gers director Murray is a member of a group of disgruntled shareholders trying to force through changes at boardroom level.

However, he has welcomed the prospect of King, who has settled his outstanding tax issues in South Africa, getting involved.

And he stressed he would be able to work alongside the Castlemilk-raised multi-millionaire if he decides to plough more money into the club.

Murray said: "I think he would be a fantastic guy to have in the club again. I don't know what he thinks. I last spoke to him about six weeks ago or so. But he has obviously got the same concerns as we have got about the club.

"I think he said publicly that he will invest in the club, but he just won't give any money to the existing shareholders.

"If the club does need money, which I think it will do in the next 12 months, Dave has said he would be happy to lead that investment. I'd be happy to have him alongside me. But, remember, I don't have to be involved here.

"If Dave King arrived tomorrow, bought the club and said 'Paul, I don't want you' I would be absolutely delighted. "I would go then. I would say: 'Fantastic. The club is safe'. I would go and watch the games, no problem."

Murray also dismissed claims he could not serve as a Rangers director due to his previous involvement with the oldco board.

He said: "I have no doubt I am a fit and proper person to join the Rangers board. I would pass the SFA rules."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/murray-id-love-return-of-king-136475n.22167262

we know where it sit's financially. we are running through money like water and spent 23 million from decemebr to july.

any talk of changes would be disingenuous or outright lies before getting in about the books.

p murray said it we will run out of money inside 12 months.

If they're that certain, what difference does seeing the accounts make other than official confirmation of our worst fears?

McCollco need to explain how they're going to turn that round. How will they fund and run the club? It shouldn't be a difficult question to answer if they're so certain they're the right people for the job.

Clearly, McCollco will have more than a fair idea of where the club sits financially - especially when we consider the influence of Malcolm Murray within their grouping.

It's up to them to win the hearts and minds of the support if they feel our 11% is important when it comes to any AGM resolutions. So far, while I'd wage most fans have sympathy in terms of distrusting the current board, I'd also contend that the same fans will be eager to hear what McCollco would do differently. That's the detail we want.

I have to say I disagree with your opinion on this one.

I know the main thing they would do differently - they would be hiring professionals with irreproachable credentials to ensure the club is run soundly and legally.

It's a sad reflection of the present boardroom that such basics could be considered a massive improvement, but they would be. And that, at the moment, is more than enough for me to give my support to them.

I can't see why, given the state of the place, you'd really need any more than that to get on board.

I have to say I disagree with your opinion on this one.

I know the main thing they would do differently - they would be hiring professionals with irreproachable credentials to ensure the club is run soundly and legally.

It's a sad reflection of the present boardroom that such basics could be considered a massive improvement, but they would be. And that, at the moment, is more than enough for me to give my support to them.

I can't see why, given the state of the place, you'd really need any more than that to get on board.

That's easily answered IMO... ;)

1. Most fans (and many shareholders) are only interested in what's happening on the park. We're doing well there so boardroom politics may seem exaggerated to them - so they'll remain apathetic to any AGM business or vote.

2. Many bears would certainly agree change is required but I think we need more than a few new directors to invoke that. Also, who would these new directors be? I can appreciate that (after what happened to Blin) they may wish to keep some identities under wraps but rumours about McClelland don't inspire.

3. For me, the most crucial question is funding. The club is heading for admin2 within a year we're told. How do we stop that? Via cuts and investment - how do McColl plan to address both those vital issues?

Now, it may well be some fans are happy enough to trust McCollco on merit (I probably am too) however wouldn't it be so more more refreshing if they offered some meat on the bones so we, the fans - the single biggest investors every year - can make up our own mind. That should aid McCollco's cause - especially when the existing board appear unable or unwilling to do the same.

some names would be good.

not sure what he else he can say on investment he said current shareholders had assured him they would back it.

How much would be nice? Who underwrites it? Where would the money go? What assurances would he give that another issue wouldn't be needed the following year? How do we fund the club going forward?

Clearly, we don't need the minutiae of every single little issue but, IMHO, the more open and positive they are about their plans and the changes they'd bring, the better their chances of success at any vote.

Murray himself says there's around 40% of the investors 'floating' on this. I think it may be less than that but better safe than sorry.

Finally, I'd imagine Murray and plenty bears thought they had our default support when the newco was for sale last year. I think they were lazy then and I don't want them to repeat their mistake (leaving aside any D&P/BDO stuff).

How much would be nice? Who underwrites it? Where would the money go? What assurances would he give that another issue wouldn't be needed the following year? How do we fund the club going forward?

Clearly, we don't need the minutiae of every single little issue but, IMHO, the more open and positive they are about their plans and the changes they'd bring, the better their chances of success at any vote.

Murray himself says there's around 40% of the investors 'floating' on this. I think it may be less than that but better safe than sorry.

Finally, I'd imagine Murray and plenty bears thought they had our default support when the newco was for sale last year. I think they were lazy then and I don't want them to repeat their mistake (leaving aside any D&P/BDO stuff).

"If the club does need money, which I think it will do in the next 12 months, Dave has said he would be happy to lead that investment.

"If the club does need money, which I think it will do in the next 12 months, Dave has said he would be happy to lead that investment.

I've said for a while that King is likely to underwrite any issue and invest himself. But some confirmation, figures and detail would be nice.