Salim Kerkar

Guest Jamkam

Celik did not play a full game and from other footage I have see he looks like a decent player.

Kerkar however looks like he has just been picked up off the street and has never seen a ball before.

But its all about opinions.

Whereas I saw signs that Kerkar had some natural ability, nice touch, good vision at times.

Whereas Celik I actually seen him fall over the ball or run away without the ball ...........

But you are spot on about opinions.

Kerkar isnt good enough for us IMO.

Not particularly talented,very ungainly, often looks lost.

One of the poorest I have seen at the club for a long time.

Definitely a no for me.

We have Templeton, McKay, Aird and even S Smith who can all play LM - all of whom are more than good enough for the level we find ourselves at. We dont need to be spending unnecessary money on wages for a player that likely still wouldnt get a game.

He was with the club for several years, yet failed to break into the 1st team. There were suggestions that the management team held onto him coz "they could see something in his play". Laterly, he eventually got a few games & showed up pretty well (from memory) & got himself a couple of goals but I'm unconvinced on the whole.

I don't think he would really add anything to our team, when we have guys who can play on the left wing. I would prefer to see McKay & Aird used more in the wide positions. These are young guys who have shown potential last season, but haven't had a look in this term. These guys are every bit as good as Kerkar IMHO.

He was with the club for several years, yet failed to break into the 1st team. There were suggestions that the management team held onto him coz "they could see something in his play". Laterly, he eventually got a few games & showed up pretty well (from memory) & got himself a couple of goals but I'm unconvinced on the whole.

I don't think he would really add anything to our team, when we have guys who can play on the left wing. I would prefer to see McKay & Aird used more in the wide positions. These are young guys who have shown potential last season, but haven't had a look in this term. These guys are every bit as good as Kerkar IMHO.

The difference for me is that Kerkar is a left footer, while Aird, McKay and Templeton are right footed. Not saying that I would want Kerkar back, but I do think that a left wing/left midfield has to be left footed. If he is a right footer, the game becomes very narrow as he will always cut back onto his right foot to cross the ball. It seems to work well on the right hand side with a left footer cutting inside (Bale, Townsend, Silva etc.) but I cant really think of a successful left wing who is right footed. Guess I have just been spoilt growing up admiring Davie Cooper and that cultured left foot!