Le Guen: Rangers improving 'steadily'

I think the recent run of form has a big correlation with the fact that Boyd is injured, meaning we have 11 players working hard for 90 minutes, which, surely at any level of football, is one of the most important things.

I think the recent run of form has a big correlation with the fact that Boyd is injured, meaning we have 11 players working hard for 90 minutes, which, surely at any level of football, is one of the most important things.

I realised this the other day too. It seems weird that with our top goalscorer not in the team wea re better! :confused: But like you say 11 men working hard instead of 10 (not that I'm getting at Boydy BTW).

I realised this the other day too. It seems weird that with our top goalscorer not in the team wea re better! :confused: But like you say 11 men working hard instead of 10 (not that I'm getting at Boydy BTW).

I'm not sure it is though - it is too easy to say that the team is playing better because Boyd is out - Boyd's absence coincided with a change in formation - there is no saying that there is a correlation between the performances and Boyd being out - it just as easily, and probably more likely, is due to the change in formation.

The only time we will be able to tell is if, and when, PLG uses a 4-4-2 with Boyd in the line-up and we start to drop performance-wise again.

If Boyd was playing in a 4-4-2 there is no saying that we wouldn't have beaten Hibs 5-0 with Boyd getting 2 or beaten Celtic 3-1 with Boyd getting 2..... we won't know whether Boyd has a positive or negative impact until such time as he plays in the altered 4-4-2 formation.

I think its more to do with the fact we're playing with a 4-4-2 formation and the back 4 is more settled, Svensson is coming on to a game and there seems to be more team spirit about the place. But yes, I've seen quite a few comments from Bears who reckon this just proves that we can do without Boyd. I'm not so sure as its not like we've got another natural finisher, but encouragingly, the goals have been coming from all over the team. Add Boyd in to the mix and we could take second place comfortably.

As I said in a previous post I absolutley agree that the change of formation has helped us turn in a few good performances. As you say, we will really see what the team is like when Boyd returns. to be honest I'm looking forward to him coming back, as he can score goals from nothing. Who do we drop when he is fit tho?

Novo's work-rate counts for so much and I think he should be credited as much as anyone for the upturn in our recent fortune. He's only an average player but he's giving 100% every game and thrives on confidence, so I'd like to see him and Boyd play together. Prso needs to be used sparingly as he limps (literally) to retirement and PLG isn't going to give Sebo many starts, so Boyd and Novo looks like the only realistic option left?

leguen only has himself to blame for the mess were in. his stuborness over the 4231 formation has cost us dear and his man management skills leave a lot to be desired. he had plenty of time to assess the situation and totally under estimated the spl and over estimated the squad he inherited. I wont bother to mention his signings. As far as our form is concerned we still have a bit to go till we "turn the corner". im encouraged by the couple of wins weve had but theres a long way to go till we do that. lets hope he learns by his mistakes.

leguen only has himself to blame for the mess were in. his stuborness over the 4231 formation has cost us dear and his man management skills leave a lot to be desired. he had plenty of time to assess the situation and totally under estimated the spl and over estimated the squad he inherited. I wont bother to mention his signings. As far as our form is concerned we still have a bit to go till we "turn the corner". im encouraged by the couple of wins weve had but theres a long way to go till we do that. lets hope he learns by his mistakes.

Well said.

I think if we have a dominant midfield and Boyd can play in the box then he will always be a danger but it is the games where we need the sleeves rolled up and every man fighting that he will become a passenger. These are the games you need someone up front to hold a ball up to ease the pressure and give the midfield a break and time to join up. Personally i would prefer someone who can do both but do we have the money for a player of that class?

Sorry guys,but i just don't know why Boyd gets so much stick, now all points considered of which there is a lot of valid complaints about Boyds' ALL ROUND GAME,but you know what you have in the man,HE SCORES GOALS,he is a young Scottish player with bags of potential and i think he is the least of our problems..............gee the big man a break ffs............