Regarding the centre-back positions

It'll become more difficult as we move up through the leagues obviously, but surely that gives us the perfect opportunity to develop a strong centre-back partnership between the likes of Faure & Mohsni? That's ideally what I'd like to see Ally doing, but as stewarty says, unless Jig or Daly are out injured, it might be unlikely to happen.

Yes, absolutely though planning and making things easier for himself is not really our managers forte.

Exactly Gribz. Jig will be 37 as we head into our first season back in the top flight and he'll turn 38 in the May at the end of that season. Unlike Davie Weir, he doesn't have 20 years of centre-back experience to draw from and fall back on as he gets older.

he is a different build to weir as well.

we must not be playing him in the spl.

he is a different build to weir as well.

we must not be playing him in the spl.

Agreed, I've got immense respect and admiration for the guy and hope he gets a few cameo appearances back in the top flight to complete his and our respective journeys, but I can't see how he could expect to hold down a regular starting position.

Hope and expect to see Wallace as captain as soon as Jig can't command a regular place.

Always a dilemma if you have a captain who's places on the field are filled with people better/younger than him. I for one would see Mohsni and Cribari as the most experienced CH combination, with Faure on stand-by. That Cribari (despite a decent enough show pre September) has even fallen behind Faure and McCulloch is telling, I would assume he's for the off in January. Not exactly fair, but somesuch happened and will happen all over the place.

For all his workrate and goals, I'm not sure whether we need McCulloch each week in the starting line-up.

No such thing as a perfect partnership

Even the top partnerships will make 1 or 2 errors but there has been a few near perfects in football.

Adams and Bould.

Campbell and Toure (invincibles) .

Bruce and Pallister.

Ferdinand and Vidic (2 seasons ago).

Terry and Carvalho.

Miller and McLeish.

Nesta and Maldini.

Its a shame Moore didn't play next to Gough.

andrade and carvalho were better together.

pallister and bruce were a joke in europe.

always remember stoichkov and romario saying there were no two center halfs they would rather play against before destroying them.

liverpool fans used to say the best ch pairing was hansen and whoever else was playing.

baressi and costacourta as well

Even the top partnerships will make 1 or 2 errors but there has been a few near perfects in football.

Adams and Bould.

Campbell and Toure (invincibles) .

Bruce and Pallister.

Ferdinand and Vidic (2 seasons ago).

Terry and Carvalho.

Miller and McLeish.

Nesta and Maldini.

Its a shame Moore didn't play next to Gough.

Weir and Cuellar :D