Nacho Novo still waiting for a call from Rangers

looks like he's struggling to make the step up from QOS to Rangers

I'm not sure what you base that on. From what I've seen so far I think he looks good and should be getting more time on the pitch.

Regarding Gribz's comparison to Alan Gow, it might turn out to be the case. I'd rather take a chance on Clark than watch, what will probably be, Novo in decline.

I don't imagine anyone else listened to Radio Scotland on Saturday late afternoon? Thought not, just me and the Tims then. So it'll surprise you to hear that it was actually really quite good. They had a panel thing with Keith Jackson, Michael Stewart (exMan U reserves, Hibs, Hearts), Stephen McManus of Motherwell and once of Celtic and Kris Boyd.

Stewart actually speaks very well, he's clearly got an eye on a broadcasting career but the big surprise for me was Boyd. I'd always assumed he was your typical thick fitba player but that does him a real disservice. Even McManus, the weakest of the three players on the programme was engaging and informative. Him and Boyd spoke about players joining Rangers or Celtic from other Scottish clubs and struggling to adjust to it. The pressure of having to win every match, the jump from having been the best player at their previous club to being just another player, the media and supporter interest and intrusion into their everyday life and the heightened expectations of everyone around them comes as a big shock to most. Some deal with it quickly, some take a bit of time and some are simply not able to deal with it.

Now i've no idea if Clark is struggling to adapt to life at Rangers or not, but the culture change he'll have experienced from QOTS to us will have been vast, so perhaps some time is required.

I don't imagine anyone else listened to Radio Scotland on Saturday late afternoon? Thought not, just me and the Tims then. So it'll surprise you to hear that it was actually really quite good. They had a panel thing with Keith Jackson, Michael Stewart (exMan U reserves, Hibs, Hearts), Stephen McManus of Motherwell and once of Celtic and Kris Boyd.

Stewart actually speaks very well, he's clearly got an eye on a broadcasting career but the big surprise for me was Boyd. I'd always assumed he was your typical thick fitba player but that does him a real disservice. Even McManus, the weakest of the three players on the programme was engaging and informative. Him and Boyd spoke about players joining Rangers or Celtic from other Scottish clubs and struggling to adjust to it. The pressure of having to win every match, the jump from having been the best player at their previous club to being just another player, the media and supporter interest and intrusion into their everyday life and the heightened expectations of everyone around them comes as a big shock to most. Some deal with it quickly, some take a bit of time and some are simply not able to deal with it.

Now i've no idea if Clark is struggling to adapt to life at Rangers or not, but the culture change he'll have experienced from QOTS to us will have been vast, so perhaps some time is required.

That's interesting. Perhaps he needs an arm around the shoulder to give him some confidence but his old man should have drilled into him what its like. Of course Durrants comments a few months ago don't help when he said something along the lines of players shouldn't be there if they cant adapt. Whilst he has a point there is a way of making players feel more confident. But if your assistant manager is coming out with that and offering no support it can make players feel intimidated with their surroundings.

That's interesting. Perhaps he needs an arm around the shoulder to give him some confidence but his old man should have drilled into him what its like. Of course Durrants comments a few months ago don't help when he said something along the lines of players shouldn't be there if they cant adapt. Whilst he has a point there is a way of making players feel more confident. But if your assistant manager is coming out with that and offering no support it can make players feel intimidated with their surroundings.

It's common sense and blatantly obvious though the reality of Nickys situation is probably much more simpler. This is a lad who was released by Aberdeen. We didn't have people watching him every week last season, or scouting him out, it looked like a signing on impulse and recommendation due to the sheer number of goals he scored. It also doesn't help when our squad is so big and the manager has so many options. Not everyone can play.

It's common sense and blatantly obvious though the reality of Nickys situation is probably much more simpler. This is a lad who was released by Aberdeen. We didn't have people watching him every week last season, or scouting him out, it looked like a signing on impulse and recommendation due to the sheer number of goals he scored. It also doesn't help when our squad is so big and the manager has so many options. Not everyone can play.

Imagine signing a striker on the sheer number of goals he scored.

We can't be having that nonsense.

Imagine signing a striker on the sheer number of goals he scored.

We can't be having that nonsense.

I scored 100 goals last season also playing pub football, can i sign? Don't be so stupid ffs. There is more to it than that and you know it. 16 posts, several warnings and still trolling for fights. Can't see you lasting long here.

I scored 100 goals last season also playing pub football, can i sign?

No you can't...particularly as you are trying to compare a pub team player with a professional football player.

16 posts, several warnings and still trolling for fights.

Out of courtesy, can you tell me where I view my warnings? Ta.

Can't see you lasting long here.

Care to tell me why not, apart from the fact you don't like what I say?

I don't know who you are, but you seem to be overstepping your mark as a poster. I'm only giving my opinion.

No you can't...particularly as you are trying to compare a pub team player with a professional football player.

There are many professional players who couldn't lace my boots. Being professional is no indication of ability.

Out of courtesy, can you tell me where I view my warnings? Ta.

Posts by Zappa and Craig yesterday i think, not sure where though it doesn't really matter. Polite reminders to curb your enthusiasm.

Care to tell me why not, apart from the fact you don't like what I say?

It won't have anything to do with how i feel about your opinions, i do know that.

I don't know who you are, but you seem to be overstepping your mark as a poster. I'm only giving my opinion.

Your arrogant and pompous tone is already tiresome and you only have a handful of posts, i just don't see it ending well, that is my opinion.

Anyway, welcome to Gersnet. :tu:

Guest Night Owl

Is how I like to remember Nacho.

Here's hoping he's able to look back on such games with a smile and accept that he doesn't have to give Rangers anything, he gave us everything the first time around.

Best of luck to the wee fella, but we all have to call it a day sometime.