My eyes prevent me from reading the scan of the OP just now, but I would take this headline with the proverbial pinch of salt, as it come from the usual impartial quarters of the media.

In any case, we have debated the pros and cons of each party to the bone and back again, but what will happen up there will hardly be influenced by that (protests or not). You'd hope it is resolved one way or another next week or before that.

:D:D

Macbeth got the crown for a bit. :D

OT I know, but I saw Macbeth at Shakespeare's Globe a couple of weeks ago. £5 for a standing ticket in the afternoon, which is easily the best value for money I've ever received.

By the end, despite all the evil he's responsible for, it's hard not to feel some sympathy for such a tortured soul who has had his head turned by the opportunity for wealth and power. The same applies to Macbeth! :D

Gentlemen, it's also worth remembering that MacBeth is a brilliant example of spin and PR being used to blacken the name of not just the Scottish monarchy but the entire nation. It's a perfect metaphor in many ways.

:D:D

OT I know, but I saw Macbeth at Shakespeare's Globe a couple of weeks ago. £5 for a standing ticket in the afternoon, which is easily the best value for money I've ever received.

By the end, despite all the evil he's responsible for, it's hard not to feel some sympathy for such a tortured soul who has had his head turned by the opportunity for wealth and power. The same applies to Macbeth! :D

Who was playing the role, Crawford? Last one I saw was Jean-Luc Picard on TV.

Who was playing the role, Crawford? Last one I saw was Jean-Luc Picard on TV.

Joseph Millson was the lead, whom I'd not seen before, but Billy Boyd (from Lord of the Rings) was Banquo.

It was real hands on the stage, splashed with fake blood, stuff.

Magnificent.

I saw that too, but it was dwarved by an outstanding Midsummer's Night Dream earlier in the same day. The Globe is, as you said earlier. Crawford01 "easily the best value for money I've ever received".. A few years ago, the two parts of Henry IV on the same day was the best Saturday I can remember since I was last at a Saturday OF game we won (to draw us back onto Rangers) - and I look forward to going back to the Globe but would rather never see an OF game, I can't stand the thought of seeing them in our ground again. Yes, yes, I'll be all excited when it happens - but I would now rather live without it.